How Do You Clean Your Touch Screens?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Dec 26, 2014.

1. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I make it a habit to keep my touch screen phone protected with a screen protector. I know that most phones now are made with scratch resistant screens such as Corning gorilla glass, sapphire glass and the like. The screen protector is more for my peace of mind. These products usually come with small square anti static cloths which I keep in my purse. I used these to clean the phone screen. I dampen one with water and carefully wipe the screen if there are stubborn dirt. Normally, I just dry-wipe the screen at least three times daily just to remove the dust and usual oils that come from my hand and fingers.

2. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I had best success with glasses clothes. Mostly because they're soft and can clean effectively. Also a little tip for glasses: when the lens gets really greasy try and wash it with a little dish wash. That makes the grease disolve and the lens will be crystal clear. Back to electronics now though, try using computer screen spray also with a dried up soft cloth.

3. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the time, just wiping my screens with something dry does the trick, if I need something stronger, I usually just use kleenex or some soft cloth and water, maybe a touch of vinegar. If something is really smudged with fingerprints, I might put a dab of dish-soap (dish washing liquid) on some tissue, wet it and then use it to wipe off whatever screen is dirty.

4. globulon

globulonMember

Threads:
    Asides from products dedicated to wiping screens, the ideal alternative is to use the same cloth you would use for your glasses. Even if you don't have glasses, smartphone screens are quite scratch resistant and could probably be cleaned with a water solution and wiping with a kleenex. If you are really worried about scratches, buy a screen wiper and slap a protective plastic film on your screen!

5. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    I think there are special cleaners that you can buy to clean your flat screen, I use baby wipes because I have kids and they're always around the house, It works pretty good for me I'm just careful not to press down too hard on the screen. If it's dusty I dusted it off with a feather duster. It's practical but it works.

6. Epicfied

EpicfiedMember

Threads:
    I use the same thing I use as I clean my monitors. You can use a screen cleaner or even in some cases, glasses cleaner (watch the differences) and it be just fine. Use the microfiber cloth that comes with most of them and you're good to go.

7. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I use soft cloth when I'm cleaning my laptop and tablet screens. They are soft enough not to damage my precious screens, and they are strong and durable enough to get rid of the dirt on my screens. I don't use other cleaning materials aside from soft cloth because I'm afraid that they might damage my touch screens.

8. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I often use my shirt. I only wear cotton shirts, and it works just fine for cleaning my phone, which the only touchscreen device I currently own. My friend usually uses her glasses lens cleaner cloth to also clean off her iPad Mini and phone.

9. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The shirt? Really? :) I do that with my glasses, so I guess that if it's good for my glasses it's good as well for my touch screens. My kids use the flat TV as mirror to play lol, that's harder to clean...

10. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have any fancy cleaners actually, I just wipe it with the underside of my shirt or a my hanky is it's not made of rough cloth. But I do use my LCD screen cleaning solution that I got free when I bought my laptop occasionally.

11. MD. Mahboob-A-Rabbani

MD. Mahboob-A-RabbaniNew Member

Threads:
    I am indicating an effective way: Choose a "microfiber cloth", turn off your device, brush your screen once, then get a few drop of "Ethyl Alchohol (Blogenic)" on the microfiber cloth and brush your screen again for a some time, it will look shiny, then use a dry microfiber cloth to brush the screen finally. Using "Alchohol Gel" can make your screen clean and give a new look, and make it germ free. And there are some also cleaning tool available in the market, Using cover for the mobile, or device, can keep your mobile scrath free.

12. Kitty Reeves

Threads:
    Haha, I use my shirt to clean my glasses too! :D Though you can always get a little hand sanitizer (the kind with alcohol in it) and put some on a paper towel and clean your TV and other touch screens that way. The general consensus seems to be microfiber clothes though, heh. :p

13. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just use my glasses cloth too! Does the job fine, no need to buy anything special.

14. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Funny enough, I just cleaned my tablets screen. I use the cloth from my glasses and it helps remove every smudge possible. It's very smooth and I use it for all my devices from phone to tablets. Does anyone know if it's any problem if I use some alcohol to clean them? Especially the touch screen.

15. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I am not really sure about the hand sanitizer precisely because of the alcohol, I am afraid that it can damage the surface, that is why I don't clear it very often haha. :) Well, I did buy a product for the tablet, but it doesn't seem to work very well on the TV, maybe because it's a bigger surface.

16. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I just use the soft cloths that came with either my glasses, LCD TVs or my laptop with a touchscreen. They are all the equivalent of each other, so outside of that, I don't make too much of what I grab first.

17. Kitty Reeves

Threads:
    Well you're generally only supposed to use a very small dot of it? I don't really that method myself, only if something REALLY nasty or gross has gotten on my phone. :)

18. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I've always had a hard time finding what to use to clean touch screens in general. Last month I found a cloth and spray my mother used for her glasses and decided to try it out on my Wii U screen. I figured if it was gentle enough to clean glasses it would be good to clean screens in general without damaging them. It worked like a charm and that's what I use and plan to keep using in the future.

19. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yeah, that is a good idea Spectre, to use the same product we use for the glasses. The issue is that the cloth we have for the glasses is usually very small, so using it in larger surfaces might not be so practical, I'm going to take a look. :)

20. RobertNick

RobertNickMember

Threads:
    I frequently utilize my shirt. I just wear cotton shirts, and it lives up to expectations fine and dandy for cleaning my telephone, which the main touchscreen gadget I presently own. My companion typically utilizes her glasses lens cleaner fabric to additionally clean off her ipad Mini and telephone.