How Do You Commute To Gym

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by bonzer • Jun 21, 2015.

1. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    The health benefits of joining a gym are self-explanatory. You can work various muscle groups, build endurance, strength, and some lean muscle all for a flat monthly fee. It's much cheaper than maintaining a home gym.

You can further cut down the commuting costs by going on a bike or by walk(if nearby). You get some aerobic exercise too by doing so and save big on gas costs. What are your thoughts on this?

2. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    If I lived within walking distance, I would definitely just walk to the gym. However, I don't and have to drive on a very busy road to get there. It would be unsafe to do anything but drive.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a gym in the mall that whenever I would be there, I would be observing the patrons of the gym. One time I was about to go to the parking area when 2 guys from the gym took the elevator with me. They are talking about the crowded parking. One was complaining of the distance of another parking area. Huh, he didn't want to walk but he would spend his energy in the gym. That's silly.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The gym closest to my home is about two miles away. I always find it to be more convenient to "warm-up" on my way there. I jog over all the way and after working out, walk back home. For those who live some distance away from the gym, I think cycling over would be a good idea.

5. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm really lucky where the gym I go to is about 2 blocks from my house. It makes it easier for me to go whenever I want, but by the same token if I don't go as frequently as I should I feel bad because I can't really say that my gym is too far :p

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm currently not a member of a gym. But if I were, I would choose to walk there and back, to add to my workout. It helps that I love walking and as I don't drive, I do a lot of walking around my city. I just hope that this won't change once we get a car. People have been know to get lazy when they have a car and stop walking even the most ridiculously short distances from their car to wherever!

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walking to the gym is a good way to get your body warmed up for the work out at the gym. Walking takes longer but it is better for your mind and heart. I do a lot of thinking when I am walking.

8. Takeshi Fujimoto

Takeshi FujimotoNew Member

Threads:
    I usually just jog to the gym. On days where I'm feeling a bit lazy a brisk walk usually hits the spot. It's a good way to get your warm-up cardio in before doing some heavy lifting. I'm not a big fan of treadmills or stationary bikes. I live relatively close to my gym so for me it's the best option. :)