How Do You Control Flies In Your House?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by remnant • Aug 10, 2017.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Flies are a nuisance in my region especially before the onset me
    rains. Even with the best hygiene, they somehow find their way back in
    The House in addition to being prolific breeders. I have observed that
    perfumes are a good deterrent but they are a bit expensive. Some
    people set adhesive fly traps which are largely ineffective. Which
    method do you employ?

2. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Flies are simply attracted to dirt; so as long as ones home is not clean, definitely it will be flies infested environment.

I prevent flies infesting my home by keeping it clean always and also making use of insecticides if the stubborn ones refuse to go in peace, I send them to their early graves. Remember the saying that cleanliness is next to Godliness, so keeping one's home clean goes a long way in preventing flies and other insects and pest from taking over.

Insects and pests such as rats, scorpions, ants, are usually prone to be attracted to dirty areas. So therefore, it's important ones keeps his home and surroundings cleans as some of these insects can cause fatal damage to human body, some can even cause death.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well I am pretty sure that I have sealed off all of the open spots where they gey in, and aside from that just try to be careful and if it gets bad try the apple cider vinegar thing, which works somewhat.

4. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, to keep the flies out, I just close my windows lol. When I was living at my parents we had loads of flies because their windows were always open, but that doesn't work for me. More, if you live close to agriculture fields you do need to close the windows because there are loads more flies near those regions.

5. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I live in a farm. I have cattles in my farm. One of the drawbacks of having cattle is the breeding of houseflies and mosquitoes. It is also rainy season, and during the rain, flies breed in the poddles. I have used adhesive to control flies, however, this does not work properly. Therefore, I switched to flies poison. I just place flies posion where flies swarm. This thing attracts flies, when they consume it they will immediately die. So far this is the most effective way to control flies in my house.

6. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly in my house, there is a dedicated team of geckos and spiders to ensure that houseflies and cockroaches, do not multiply. And for sure they really know how to do their job well.

When they are off duty, I like to use insecticides, Mortein Doom to be precise, to send them off to their creator. Mortein Doom is quite effective since it kills in less than 10 seconds. It can also be used for a wide range of insects including but not limited to, moths, bugs and ants.

7. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I live on a farm too and no matter how clean you keep your house, flies always wander in when someone opens the door. I have tried sticky sheets and repellents and none of those work. For some reason, flies like red wine and will fly into a glass of it. If I have fly problems, I put out a small glass of red wine. On an unrelated topic, if you have a slug problem in your garden, but a glass of beer out there and the slugs will make their way into the glass and stop eating your plants.

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In this tropical country, flies are common any time of the year. Our house has screen doors and windows to prevent flies and mosquitos from entering. We also have fly swatter in case a fly accidentally gets in. With the surrounding, we clean the yard everyday so there is no breeding ground. We seldom use insecticide because we have dogs in the house.

9. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I hate flies and it makes me sick when I see them in the kitchen, or in the bathroom. Sometimes I leave the window large open because now is the summer time here and is very warm, and in the night we leave the windows open and the flies come in, and in the morning I cannot sleep because of them.
    Usually, I use an anti- flies spray that kills them instantly, that is how I get rid of them.

10. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Flies are a problem to us during the monsoon season. Damp weather brings them in in hordes. That is why we have installed screens on all our windows to stop flies, mosquitoes and gnats from coming in. But somehow , a few always find their way in. I burn incense sticks mornings and evenings to drive them away. The smoke leaves a pleasant fragrance in the house and also keeps the flies and mosquitoes away. I also keep the house as clean and dry as possible and make sure all food is covered.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No matter how careful you are some flies, always gets into my home. They wiz by annoying me and letting me know they are in my home! I get my fly swatter ready and poised to kill them if they persist to stay inside my home. I fan the air with hand fans hoping these pesky flies go out the way they came in. If they don't leave I start posing to swat them to death. They get the message and the next time I open the door I see them flying out, lol. It works all the time.

12. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    We have installed windows screen and door screen to prevent mosquitoes and flies from getting inside the house. On the rare times that some manage to sneak in, we'd have to spray insecticide to get rid of them. However, we feed the dog on the front yard and the cats on the backyard and we'd often see flies when our pets fail to finish their food. We just have to clean up to stop them from coming.

13. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    Flies won't be a problem if you just keep your surroundings clean, but in our place, there are times that flies would be all around everything in the neighborhood whenever the nearby poultry just harvested their chickens. We just shut our windows and doors, but some flies still make their way into the house. We always light up a candle whenever flies are everywhere, I don't know what's the explanation behind it but their numbers would lessen whenever we light up candles and put them all over the house.

14. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    If you are keen on cleanliness then I guess flies and other insects and bugs won't be messing up with you. Just in case a screen door and good sets of curtains will do the trick. Also fly traps and some bug repellent sprays are pretty much available in the market if you prefer to use one.

15. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Having flies around is not solely dependent on uncleanliness. I live in a tropical country and there to be a season in which flies are more prevalent like other insects namely ants. Whether your home is clean or not, if flies are in the area and there is access to the inside, the flies will try to get in. My remedy for deterring the flies is to have screens installed at all the areas which would be open.

16. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Flies can be so annoying because they are so small and they come in hoards. They are very irritating and annoying. You never know where those tiny wings or feet have been and they can infect your food. Urgh:mad:.

Although, I don't really have a problem with flies in my home, I think the best way to deal with them is to use an insecticide/pesticide of some sort. Also, always ensure the environment is devoid of anything that may attract flies into your home or environment.

17. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    The first step in controlling how flies disturb you in your home, at your work place or any other place you find yourself in is by ensuring that you keep that environment clean. This is important when you notice that flies go to a place that is unkept and dirty where it can be comfortable for them to breed more of their children. So having a clean environment is one major way to control the issue of flies disturbing your homes or places of work.

When you have kept your house clean with enough space for air to ventilate the room, you can also use insecticides to control the movement of flies in the sense that those flies that will now want to make home in your houses will be affected whenever you spread insecticide in your homes, thus making it uncomfortable for the flies to be around your place. I normally spread the insecticides at night when I notice that the flies come out to disturb human beings in their homes.

18. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    Before, we used insecticide to get rid of most of the pest that we have. We stopped using an insecticide when we started to have kids. We did cope up by putting screens on our doors and windows. Another thing that I did was, I imitated a natural pest trap for mosquitoes and flies that I found on YouTube.

19. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    It's somehow hard to keep flies out of control if we can observe the simple hygiene methods in our houses. Though during the rainy season they tend to be more stubborn as this time I use insecticides to get rid of them or I chase them out of the house using apiece of clothe but this is hard to achieve as they hide in corners. But using insecticide is the most effective way to get rid of flies.

20. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    That must be something really helpful.