How do you deal with big amounts of money?

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by Peninha • Apr 14, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Good point on the accumulation, I'm not sure how I would behave if I was a millionaire for example, but to me the point of saving money is to work towards a certain goal.
    Once you have more money than you know what to spend on, it becomes a bit pointless, you're just making more to increase your high score, so to speak, at that point I'd consider just donating most of it...

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Exactly. I think that millionaires and people with a lot of money have a big responsibility because they have the power to help a lot of people and if instead they prefer to keep the money just there, what is the point? Life is too short for that, we need to live and spend the money to live better.

3. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Well if I were to receive large amounts of money like that I would probably calculate my expenses for the next few months, then take a bit extra to help out with that then put the rest away in savings or get ready to invest it depending on how busy I am at the time. I like to think that I'm good at now spending all my money at once :p

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if I would do that Sly, I think that if I had a lot of money sure, I would enjoy what live has to offer, but savings would not satisfy me, I'd look for investments that could fulfill me and help others as well.

5. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I would do my best to set part of it to SAVINGS first. Then, SECURE myself and my family against any risks. Then, INVEST some part of it.

I mean, if its all about having large amount of money.. I will put it in a vault until i know what to do with it or where it is intended for.

6. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I put some away from permanent savings, some for investments and the rest I use for random personal care, or to purchase something that I have been eyeing for a long time, sounds like a lot to want to do from so little money right? lol, that's why I really try my best to manage my affairs carefully until I'm at a point where I can "stop" managing my affairs carefully, but managed my affairs in a more relaxed and wide-scoped way :)

7. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    The more they come, the easy they go. I know this from my own experience. It's best to just take a part of the sum, as 25% and put it somewhere save, just so you know you didn't spend all of them in a bad way. Put them into your savings account, or money for black days. The rest of it, think about how would you want to spend them, but don't spend them all at once, just calculate a period which you want to use these money in, and figure out how much you are allowed to spend on a day or week in order to keep the money that period. This way you won't spend all of them at once.

8. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate when banks spot a big quantity of money in my account and they call me to do some savings lol, they look like vultures waiting for someone to die, they just want to get their hands on the money, but sadly usually that money is just on transit in my account.