How do you do your Halloween shopping?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by bryce12 • Aug 8, 2012.

1. Lilshorty8313

Lilshorty8313New Member

Threads:
    Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love decorating and coming up with new scary ideas and costumes. Shopping for Halloween is hard because there are so many cool and creepy things to buy. Decorations for halloween are so expensive and don't really go on sale until its over. I get ready by going through magazines and websites and decided what I want to do first. When I get all my ideas together, I go through and figure out the things that I can make so that it will be cheaper. Most things are pretty simple and only take a few minutes. Plus it is also a fantastic way to get the kids involved and have some family time. That way you will have lasting decorations.
    There are many magazines and websites that you can go to to get your ideas. Some places like parents magazine tell you how to make the stuff. So just because you don't have a lot does not mean you can't have a great Halloween.

2. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    For my children, they usually (with some guidance) choose what they are going to be each year. I will not spend more than $20-$30 on a costume for them, however, and that is only if they choose something that I can not create myself.

For myself, I prefer to do DIY costumes. I saw a really cute idea that was to be a loofa. The adult costumes that can be bought are 80% skanky, which is not my style. I like something cute, but also humorous or fun.

As for decorations, I do not do too much for Halloween. My kids are young enough that they think skulls/spiders/etc are cool... until they are in our own home (then they are scared!).

3. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't been big on celebrating Halloween for years before. Now that I have a son however, I will be soon. I have looked at costumes for him, but he's still too young to get into the holiday. I am looking at everything in the stores however so next year I will be prepared.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My friend opens a Halloween only store for 2 months. I usually buy what I need from him. I used to sewing my own Halloween costume, but that was a long time ago. I buy my decorations at the Dollar Tree. I don't do anything extravagant.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm looking forward to the after Halloween sales so I can get my decorations for next year. I'm not really feeling Halloween this year and I'll probably keep it low key. I might just start my Christmas shopping early. I love Halloween but I'm not in the mood this year.

6. kethrynstark

kethrynstarkNew Member

Threads:
    Halloween is a great and famous festival in the whole world. Halloween is my favorite holiday. Here i get great information about halloween shopping. Thanks for giving this such useful information about halloween festival.