How do you end your day?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by 003 • May 10, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    When I am about to go to sleep, I avoid drinking water as it makes me pee a lot and delay or destruct my sleeping. And right before I go to bed, I drink a glass of warm milk, brush my teeth and take a quick shower. I also try not to eat anything at least 2 hours before bedtime. Before I used to read for 5 minutes as a form of quick relaxation, but I really found it destructive and so I stopped it.

2. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I like to have a soak in the tub, watch some Netflix on the ipad while soaking, and probably something else to watch before bed. I also like to meditate, read or play a game on the ipad to wind down if I'm still going 90 miles an hour in my head.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Since I have a young baby, I have 20 minutes to do everything I want before bed time while my husband read to our daughter. I have to take a shower, brush my teeth, prepare our bed, wash the dishes, check my e-mail for the last time, and tidy up my hair. Then finally after reading, I will breastfeed and sing to my daughter until she falls asleep and by that time I would already be so sleepy and tired. But, I still play game on my phone for at least 15 minutes after as a way to relax myself when both my daughter and my husband are already sleeping :D

4. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    The last thing that I do (to end my day) is read. :D

I usually can't sleep right away when I go to bed so instead of just closing my eyes and try to sleep, I instead get a good book and read until I feel sleepy. I use to watch TV to help me sleep but my husband doesn't like the noise (he's a light sleeper). Then I tried surfing net on my laptop at bed but my eyes hurt so now I just read a book. :)

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually end my day by falling asleep in front of the TV. I resent sleep because I wish I could sleep less and be awake doing gainful things to make money.
    Last night I had a bunch of stuff to list on eBay, but I fell asleep and missed my chance. The ending time of auctions is important. Some people love to sleep. I hate it because it's not profitable.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tend to drink a cup of chamomile or cinnamon tea before I retire. I like to spend a while on cleaning my teeth and face thoroughly and then meditate a few minutes in bed before drifting away for at least 8 hours of silence and peace. :)

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually watch TV until I can't keep my eyes open, then I brush my teeth and wash my face, put my dog in bed and then go to sleep. That's about it! I usually take a shower right after I get home from work, so usually right before bed my hair is already dry and everything is set up. Sometimes I'll drink milk or a cappuccino before bed, but most days I won't eat anything before dinner.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have any ritual when ending my day to be honest, as soon as I feel sleepy I just brush my teeth and go to sleep. I could end it while watching tv, playing games, even talking on the phone. I even sleep even if the dishes aren't washed yet, lol I'll just wash them later when I wake up.

9. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Our kids go down at 8pm. Then, my husband and I settle in and watch TV, surf the web, and catch up on our day together. We often snack at night, or drink. It is our adult time and I love it and crave it. If he is gone I catch up on a good book or the TV he won't watch with me.

I also often shower at night. We do not have a TV or any electronics in our bedroom, so our sleep routine is pretty much just brush teeth, put on PJ's and go to sleep.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I end my day relaxing with my husband. We both have full days and at the end of it all, we like snuggling up and watching a show. It's the only tv we watch.. usually an already cancelled show, so we can watch whenever we want. Then we'll talk (and laugh like idiots) until we fall asleep lol. It's like a slumber party with my bestie every night :)