How Do You Feel About Distressed Jeans?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by roarzie • Jul 10, 2015.

1. roarzie

roarzieMember

Threads:
    What's everyone's opinion on distressed jeans around here? If you like then, do you prefer them Diy or store-bought? I find that trying to distress jeans on my own always ruins my pairs of jeans so I gave up on trying to do it, and instead just buy them already ripped. In my opinion, this kind of jeans works great with some styles of clothing, being very versatile.

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I love this style of jeans! They actually look laid back and comfy. I prefer buying them as I would not dare distress my own because I might destroy them lol.

This style of jeans work well with polo shirts or even casual tees. You can go with minimal accessories or just a watch. A backpack or sling bag would look cute with it too.

3. roarzie

roarzieMember

Threads:
    ^Yeah, it's horribly difficult to do it. I even tried watching several YouTube videos on how to do it properly but still failed miserably.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depends. I absolutely hate the look of the fake "crinkling" they add to them in stores now.. you know, the horizontal lines across the top of the legs to make it look like... I don't know.. like you sit a lot?? lol. Do those have a name yet? I love my distressed jeans, but a couple pairs is enough. I would love to go into a store and see more that aren't..

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Ah, whiskering. There was a time it was absolutely impossible to find jeans without it, which was slightly annoying. I don’t mind if it’s more subtle, but extreme whiskering isn’t my thing either.

Sometimes I’ll see ripped/distressed jeans on fashion blogs and such. While I often do like the look, I also know some have likely paid $$$$$$$$ for it. I might buy pre-distressed jeans, but I wouldn’t pay too much. And I would at least try to DIY with a second-hand pair of jeans first, just to see if I could do it on the super-cheap.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to love distressing jeans before you could just go to the mall and pick them up already done for you lol. But now, I can hardly find a regular pair of jeans unless I'm going for the "mom jeans" look. I think they already ruined jeans by adding stretch so that's a double whammy for me.. no whiskers (lol whiskers.. I see what they did there) or holes and no stretch. I know they're around, just less so. And even second hand stores are packed with them.. I think it's coming down to learning how to undistress jeans lol.