How Do You Get The Best Online Deal?

Discussion in Hot Deals started by olorien • Sep 21, 2012.

1. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I am always looking for ways to stretch my dollars to the max. I have a system I use every time I make a purchase online. For just about everything I buy, I use my Discover cash back card, including things like utilities and insurance. Of course I try to get everything on sale, and I peruse a few sites I like such as "slickdeals", "dealnews" and "retail me not" for the best coupons and specials. For an extra casback bonus, my favorite site is Mr. Rebates. This way, with Discover, sales, codes and Mr. Rebate, my savings is often quite substantial. So, I'm wondering what tricks and tips other folks use. I would like to find even more deals!

2. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Most Online shop today provides coupon codes from tiem to time so I always follow them on twitter and their facebook page. Some of them require you to like their fan page so do it, it won't hurt you anyway and get their promo codes.

3. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Is Mr. Rebate similar to ebates? If you click to a website for online shopping through their site, they pay some cash back. I also buy giftcards at discounted rates at sites like cardcash. You could still use your Discover card to buy the giftcards and earn cash back that way.

4. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    Mr Rebates is very similar to Ebates. I found a web site called Evrewards that compares cash back rewards at different sites according to where you are shopping. Mr. Rebates almost always gives me the largest cash back, but this will be different according to where you like to shop. That's a great idea for using the Discover card to purchase discount gift cards. I'll have to look into that!

5. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    First I go to Shopzilla and try to find who has it the cheapest. Then I search and search for the best online coupon code available. Sometimes try them all to see which one gives me the best discount. There have been times that I got $100 worth of clothes for like $30. Just takes a little research and a lot of patience.

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Farrah, you seem to know the best ways t beat the prize rise. Thanks for that tip. Yes, I do accept that it may take more patience, but it may be worth the trouble. I only look for discounts usually.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the share, I have never thought about using this tip for saving money when shopping, with Christmas shopping approaching, I will be using these sites.