How Do You Guys Save Money When Buying Lingerie?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Verity Darkwaters • Jan 29, 2016.

1. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    So, not trying to be weird, but am I the only one noticing a few strings and squares of cloth are costing more and more? Some of this designer stuff cost WAY too much. I could roll around in a ball of yarn and have more Fabric on for cheaper. Grant it, it wouldn't be sexy. But since Valentine's Day is coming up I thought now would be a good time to discuss such a topic.

Now I heard of women making their own, buying it off of eBay, and their are sites like Yandy that have good deals. How do y'all save on naughty little pieces?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can save money on lingerie by buying them in bulk rather than individually. I tend to do that all the time when buying panties. As for bras, I think it's best to wait when the store goes on sale so that you can save money.

3. Verity Darkwaters

Threads:
    Yeah, I find usually after the holidays bras are on sale. Which are good. I like buying panties in bulk, my problem is if you buy like panties in packages, they're not very alluring. They're doable and will work to cover stuff, but sometimes you just want a pair of frillies lol

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I buy them mainly from China based sellers on ebay which means the prices I get them for are very cheap. The quality is of course not as good as something that you would get at Victoria's Secret or any other popular brand but for something you will only wear occasionally it's not so bad. Also the delivery time will also take a little longer but as long as I know I'll get the item it's not so much of a problem for me to wait. There are many trusted China based sellers there with high ratings and I've bought from a couple of them and have gotten my items without a hitch so I'd definitely recommend it.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lol, yeah I get what you mean. I think they are too plain, but when it comes to that time of the month, they are the go-to ones instead of those lace underwear. I see some no name brand undies that look sexy, so you can still buy them at a cheap price if you're not particular with the brand.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, the answer to this one is simple. I simply do not buy lingerie, and that is how I save money when buying lingerie lol. I find that one really doesn't have to buy sexy lace underwear in order to keep things spicy in the bedroom, though that is not to say that people who enjoy that option should not be indulging.

7. Verity Darkwaters

Threads:
    @DrRipley@DrRipley Someone was telling me about that. I was a little worried because I often hear complaints about the sizing, especially if a woman is curvy. @sidney@sidney Yes they are! They're comfy and dependable. I don't care about brand, no one is gonna be looking at the tag to see if they're designer. @DreekLass@DreekLass I usually don't. Mainly because I don't want to spend the money on it. But my honeymoon is coming up and I thought it would be a pleasant surprise. It just amazes me how much a few strings could cost! lol

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:

Yeah they are definitely smaller in size, though I'm guessing they probably have some larger sizes as well and you may just have to dig a little deeper to find them. I think they are mostly small because they are made for the asian market, though now that I think about it they are selling internationally so I don't see why they don't start selling bigger sizes as well lol.

#8Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
  9. Verity Darkwaters

Threads:
    @DrRipley@DrRipley There was actually a very amusing article about them making smaller sizes. However, most of their sites (after investigating) I found has a sizing chart. I am not sure if people are just not noticing it or if they're ignoring it. But sizes that would be like a M or L here are like XL and XXL. I always check sizing charts, never want to be surprised.

10. Grace Simmons

Grace SimmonsNew Member

Threads:
    It is very simple. Buy cheap lingerie and save prices.

11. Verity Darkwaters

Threads:
    @Grace Simmons@Grace Simmons I wish it were that easy. But mentioned above, a lot of cheap lingerie's sizing is off and that is if you can get it by the time you need it as many times it is shipped from Asia. I found a couple places where it is cheaper though and a little better quality.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I surely don't go Around overspending my money with lingerie, I try to buy stuff on sale whenever possible. Of course, tasteful stuff, but I don't go around spending a lot just because a piece is "sexy" or what not.