How Do You Keep Track Of Online Coupons?

Discussion in Coupons started by cocolgooh • Mar 11, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    If you find coupons that can only be used online, how do you keep track of them?

I've tried writing them down in a notebook so that I can keep them Handy whenever I'm doing a shop or copying them into a spreadsheet and using them from there, and I've also tried bookmarking the pages, but neither method seems to work perfectly for me to keep track of them all.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really only use online coupons as I need them. I will use them when I am specifically looking for something. I don't have so many of them that I need a spreadsheet or bookmarks. The problem is if you have these bookmarks, or spreadsheets, and don't use the coupons right away there is a good chance they will expire.

3. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    That's the issue I found, that they'd end up expired and I'd end up with loads of expired ones and only a handful that work by the time I come to use them. Would you recommend searching for them at the time I plan to do a shop instead of in advance? Or is there some other method you use instead to keep track of them?

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you should use them as you need them, because alot of these coupons and promo codes online may only be good for that particular month. When I am looking for something like that, say, I want to buy a tracfone for instance, I will simply google tracfone coupons and promo codes March 2016. That way I have less chance of ending up with old codes or coupons that don't work.

5. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I do not really use coupons when I shop online. I have installed the Ebates button on my toolbar and that lets me know that I can save money at that particular website. I do not do a whole lot of online shopping but like Ke Gordon said it would be better to search for ones you need when you are going to do your shopping so that you have the most recent offer available and you would not have to keep track them.

6. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    I use them as I need them. I have a short attention span so its really hard for me to keep track. Even if I do write them down or send them across to my mailbox, I rarely ever use them like that. Its usually only when I need them that I start googling.

Although I do have a few favorite deal sites that I visit every now and then to see if something great has come up.

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely use coupons but I am seriously considering using them in order to generate savings. Most people buy coupons as they need them. However, I know of a good site called TrackingMyCoupons.com which is a good personal coupon organizer. You simply sign up, enter your coupons and keep track of them. You can sort, filter and even print a list of coupons. They have an autoexpire option in which you enter the expiry date.

8. bellahpereira

bellahpereiraMember

Threads:
    I organize my coupons in a folder based on expiry. However, I also have a spreadsheet with all my coupons listed to make it easier when preparing my list of the week. However, I find that I forgot to add new coupons to the spreadsheet and then I have a bunch of them that are expired or that I could have used but didn't know I had. I've yet to find a perfect system but for now, this will have to do. I also found an app (can't seem to recall the name now but I think it might have been SnapCoupon or something like that) where you can take a picture of your coupon and it will fill in the info and then you can sort them and it will tell you when they are about to expire. The only problem is that it's really time consuming to take a picture and sometimes manually input all the information for a coupon. Hope it helps to know you're not alone lol.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just put them on my card at cvs.com, or safeway.com, walgreens.com for it automatically goes to the register when you check-out. Some stores don't accept coupons unless it's from the ads from newspapers and manufacturers coupon mailed to you here at Hawaii is what I experienced. If I use them then it's great if not it just deleted when time is up, so I don't worry about it at all.

10. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:

Since I organize some of my coupons online, I set up a folder. When I get deals for coupons online, I just sent it to my coupon folder. Then when I look at online deals, I will look at the coupon folder. So maybe this will help. Sometimes it helps to periodically check the folder. Sometimes I will forget and then the coupon expires.

11. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I love this way of storing coupons. I wish you could do it for all coupons! I do this for one supermarket here but the rest don't allow you to do that, which makes it difficult to remember them for other stores. I wish that more did allow that though. It's a great system.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :pYeah I like it too for it's so organized. If you buy the item for the coupon it's automatically subtracted and shows on your receipt too. It's simple, easy and no carrying the coupon in your wallet. :)