How Do You Like To Layer Clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Jasmine2015 • Jan 14, 2016.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    It's really starting to snow in my area. I have been wearing my leggings underneath my pants to keep warm. Then I have shirts I can wear under my sweaters. If I have enough room in my pants, I'll even wear pajamas. It's not like anyone is going to know unless I say something. Being able to wear two pairs of socks helps as well. I know some people who will wear regular gloves underneath their mittens.

2. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    Tank top, tshirt, sweater, coat.
    Leggings, sweats/jeans.
    Always, always, ALWAYS two pairs of socks and a good pair of boots.

I'm normally set for the winter if I dress that way.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Leggings, heavy pants and sweater along with a coat. Good boots are needed to keep the feet dry and warm. Gloves and hat that covers the ears.

4. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I live in a tropical country so layering clothes isn't really necessary for us. Although, there are places here where it's really cold and when we go there to spend our vacation, we layer our clothes. We wear sweaters and socks since it's really cold there compared to our hometown. So underneath the sweater, we have a t-shirt or a long-sleeved shirt. For pants, having just one layer is okay as long as it is thick. And then of course, socks are important for the feet to stay warm.

5. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Right now, it's really cold here in my area. We don't have snow here though so it's not as cold as the negative temperatures during winter season in other countries. Yesterday has been the coldest we had so far this year so I had to wear a long-sleeved shirt, a very thick closed sweater, a scarf around my neck and bonnet on my head. I wore the thickest sweat pants I could find in my closet and the thickest and longest pair of socks I own. I just stayed at home so I just wore my comfortable home footwear. :)

6. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    Layering is all about pairing different kinds of clothes together to create one cozy, bundled up, thrown-together look that seems effortless yet very fashionable.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    *Here in Hawaii it is getting chilly with temps in the 70's and it's sweater time when temps go this low. Honestly though I love temps in the 70's! I'd be happy with temps in the 70's all the time. When temps go into the 60's I wear gloves too. Maybe someday they'll invent heating pad clothes you can regulate easily. Stay warm and stay safe!

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only layer when it's cold... or if my shirt/blouse is a bit see-through which happens a lot with shirt types. The material is usually silky and see-through so I add a top underneath, and sometimes a jacket or blazer over depending if it's cold. But where I live it's mostly very warm, so that makes layering a bit too much.

9. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I never way layers because I'm living in a tropical country and it rarely becomes cold here. Maybe my closest thing to a layer is a jacket and a simple t-shirt that I wear on rainy days and during Christmas time but that's about it. Women here do wear layers but I don't know what they're called so I can't say anything for them. As for myself, my usual getup is a simple shirt and shorts.

10. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    To stay warm I love merino wool sweaters and tops. I'll wear a merino wool long sleeve top underneath a warm cardigan or a turtleneck under a sweater. On really cold days I'll wear snowpants if I have to go out or be outside for a long period of time. I love wearing snowpants to stay warm. As my husband says you're not too cool for snowpants. I have super warm socks that are called Hot Chilies. They are fantastically warm socks. I also love base layers like Patagonia.