How do you make you baby sleep?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by 003 • Jun 10, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    When my aunt have her baby sleeps, she sings to it while it suckles. It's very sweet to see her and any mom to that to their kids. It manifests their genuine care and love for their children. But I think not all moms are sweet to their babies, as I've seen in some cases that whenever their babies are crying, they wouldn't even bother to carry their babies and figure out why they are crying. They would just leave them in their cribs and give them something to suckle until they get tired and eventually fall asleep. I hate moms who are like this. But I can't do anything. I couldn't tell them what to do, as I think they have their own reasoning for doing what they are doing. Maybe their culture is just different from the one I grew up in.

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I can never allow my baby to keep crying until she falls asleep, it hurts me to be that way even though many other mothers do that as a way of training their baby.

For me, at least the time to go to sleep has to be the most peaceful and happy time for her so I sing to her, rub her head, fingers, and back, so she usually falls asleep very fast.

If she finds it hard to fall asleep even though she is sleepy then I will breastfeed her by standing, walk around, and sway gently until she sleeps, then I will put her onto bed after. She don't usually wakes up, or that does not bother her at all if she was already asleep.

3. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    Since I worked all day I decided I would get the baby all night whenever they woke up.

Usually it was as easy as sitting in a rocking chair and feeding her a bottle until she cuddled up and fell asleep. Usually while watching a random show on Netflix to make staying awake easier.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My sister had a baby a year ago and thinks that she is lucky to have a quiet child. Most of the time my nephew goes to sleep without much fuss. If he is agitated or a little sick, my sister sings to him or puts on some classical music, which usually soothes his nerves very quickly and he drifts off to sleep.

5. AZ Athena

AZ AthenaNew Member

Threads:
    When they were little, my kiddos fell asleep however they were happiest. One always wanted to fall asleep in his crib. Another would only fall asleep in my arms or in a baby wrap. The youngest was somewhere in between. Western culture tends to believe in training kids at an early age, whereas others will embrace babyhood in all its glory. I really dislike the cry-it-out method, myself, though.

6. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    My newest addition falls asleep with me holding him in my arms sucking a pacifier. I hold him for upwards 15 minutes then put him into his bed for the night. He has a night light on and the warm mist humidifier since he stays so congested.