How Do You Manage Oily Skin?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Diana S. • Mar 27, 2015.

1. Diana S.

Diana S.New Member

Threads:
    I have had oily skin for all my life and I have tried every remedy found on the internet.
    A single positive aspect of this is the fact that oily skin means aging slowly and it is true, my grandmother has it and she looks great at her age of 72.
    From my experience I would recommend to eat better in order to reduce the oilness on your face, this means you should give up on soda, alcohol, fried and sugary foods, fatty diary products.
    Also, I replaced sugar with honey, I reduced salt and I drink a lot of water. You have to take care when you choose your face products . When you feel like you have a lot of oil on your face you can use blotting papers.
    I sadly have to say that if you had oily skin that stucks with you in your teen years this probably means that you will have it for the rest of your life.
    I have heard the opinions of many doctors and they prescribed me different face creams but no results. Only one pill of accutane a week gave me some results.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How oily is your skin? I consider my skin oily, but as compared to my former high school teacher where her cheeks always looked like it was used as a frying pan (I'm not being mean, it really looks like that and it really glistens) I think mine is not that worse, just moderately oily. But my pores are visible though, and I must use powder to cover it. I use Cetaphil from time to time and you can even you use it without water, so it's perfect if you're outside of the house and you can't wash your face. Thanks for sharing these tips!

3. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    My doctor recently told me to purchase aqua glycolic facial cleanser. It can be purchased over the counter at any pharmacy and it is MUCH cheaper than any other high end facial cleanser I have ever tried. It has helped my oily skin so much. I use it once in the morning and it has helped my oilyness a ton.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I thankfully passed the stage where my skin was really oily and acne prone. If you are a girl, it's interesting to think about going on the pill because it helps regulate oil and acne in your skin.
    But I say just wash your face twice a day with appropriated products. Just don't overwash because it produces even more oil. Also if you just have oiliness and no acne, don't use those aggressive acne and oily skin products because they are really harsh. Just use something for oily skin, but mild. I like Olay, Aveeno, Clinique and Kiehls for mild face washes.

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I was it as necessary as possible. Well, that's only to say that I wash it as much as the oil gets to bothersome on my face. But only when I have the chance to do so. Other than that I try to maintain a daily regimen for my face. Wash in the morning. Wash in the night. And was when I got home. I try to be consistent.