How do you purchase your music?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Sep 2, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you love music like I do? If so, where do you purchase songs and in what format so you purchase them? Do you want your songs to be in digital format? Or do you want it to be in a CD? Do you purchase your music files over the Internet or do you get it from your local store?

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have not bought a CD in years, I buy all my music online these days in MP3 form, I really miss the days when I would go to my local record shop on a Saturday afternoon and spend a good hour or so browsing and listening to music.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Any options that lets me choose what quality i want to download, so iTunes and Amazon, at least for the most part, are out of the question. Most of the times i get from bandcamp or the band's website when they have their own selling spot.

4. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    You are right. I also missed those days where I have been friends with the owner of a small record bar and also met new friends there. We used to hangout there and chill with the owner and just talked about music the whole time.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I just listen to the music for free on Spotify or occasionally buy a subscription to it. Either way is supporting the artists - through advertising or my direct purchases. And I don't have to lug around my music collection with me on some hard drive or with a bunch of CDs.

6. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Eh, I haven't bought a piece of music in over 12 years if not longer. I get all my music by ripping from disc or downloading from the internet. The last time I was tempted was when homie down the block was pushing bootlegs, but he charged too much.

7. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I don't buy that much music now but when I do, it will be the cd format.
    I can't see getting into another music format. I have been through a few
    already.
    Ryder13

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I miss buying CDs...I used to have a pretty massive collection.
    Now it's pretty much all mp3 format for me.

9. hellspawn

hellspawnNew Member

Threads:
    same here, i-tunes or bandcamp, but i really miss the little record stores where you could have a chat with the owner and listen to the record over the speakers.

10. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really purchase music at all because I generally listen to pandora since the options there are endless or I just download the youtube version of music.
    I feel like I would be throwing money away if I bought music from iTunes because it all really adds up to a big sum especially in this economy.

11. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I pretty much just use itunes. I know there are cheaper or better ways to get it. But my time is important too. If I can get the music for a dollar or 2 and it takes me 2 seconds and automatically shows up on my phone, well that works for me.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought a cd since 2004, since I now just download songs on the net. But I would still consider buying cd's when I really like the artist or it has some bonuses included, like a vcd or dvd of their videos. Or if they're on sale for a low price.

13. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same as Hupper. To save on costs I never buy an original CD. New CDs [depending on the artiste] can be sold at exorbitantly high prices. Why not save some dough and instead buy the same CD for less? That's what I always do.

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I download all my music these days. I have a massive collection of CDs and albums though.

15. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    I feel really bad about it, but I don't usually buy music. If I want to listen, I just watch the videos and things online. It's sad, but Anna was right, that's a lot of money that I feel like I'm wasting. All the artist are rich and I'm trying my best to make it. Every once in a while I'll buy a cd to have for when I'm in the car and that lasts me a while.

LOVE & DEALS
    DH:cool:

16. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    It's been two years since I bought a real cd in a music store. If I heard a new song and seems really pretty I downloaded it online. That is what I do. I just save it in my computer or transfer it to my Ipod. I also save in a disc.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer CDs, and ever since they stopped being readily available, I rarely purchase much music. I'll buy some from iTunes every now and then, but besides the basic playlist I already have, and some files that my friends give me, I don't really buy much anymore.

18. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I like a lot of punk music and bandcamp is popular with all of the bands I like, so I use bandcamp as well.

I generally don't buy music, but if I do, it's probably on vinyl. It's cool to listen to and collectible (sometimes) and most new records come with a download code, so I get a digital copy as well. I like them better than CDs because I can sell a record for a little less than I bought it for, and sometimes, more than that what I bought it for.

19. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I used to purchase music through Itunes. Now, if I really like the music, I will purchase the CD because at least I own the CD. I am a big collector of CDs, therefore, I think sometimes buying the CD is cheaper than the digital format.

20. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I still have a lot of my cds even though I have my music on my computer. I like to buy cds online or I will download them from iTunes. I prefer to have the cd, but a download isn't bad. I take the songs and burn them to a cd so that I will have a backup copy. I am paranoid about losing my library so I make sure I have a backup of all my music.