How Do You Remove Your Blackheads And Whiteheads?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by moneymania • Oct 22, 2016.

1. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I only know of 2 ways to remove blackheads. The first one is to use a pore strip, which did not work at all for me, even after I used it after I stepped out of the shower, which supposedly makes removing them easier because the skin is still soft. Now the second one is much more effective than using a pore strip. I used a blackhead remover, which really eliminates any blackheads or whiteheads that I have. The only problem is that my nose acquired some "lumps" that aren't really that noticeable unless I feel my nose with my fingers. The skin seems to "bunch up" with all that constant poking from the extractor. But I still use it just the same, since it feels good seeing those little unwanted whiteheads pop out of my pores. So I'm just wondering which is your preferred method of removing your whiteheads or blackheads? Or you don't need to do that because you either just leave them alone or you don't have them?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Blackheads have ravaged my skin so I am used to the natural way of removing them. By pressing the affected area, the blackhead pops out. And then a clean swab to avoid infection. But the pressing must be calculated because too much pressure can cause scar to your skin.

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think squeezing your blackheads can lead to an infection. I have done that so many times using an extractor or my bare, unwashed fingers, and I never ended up with anything serious. Maybe because our pores are not open wounds to begin with, so no risk of infection in the first place.

4. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I used strips for a while but those were not effective, and left me with red rashes. I then tried with a home remedy. I take steam for a few minutes. When the skin gets supple, I use a home made scrubber made of oatmeal powder and curd. Keep it for few minutes. Then rub gently in a circular motion to wash it off. Repeated use has worked for me, and now there is as such no visible black or white heads in my face.

5. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    In this case it is better to go for a natural way than end up using chemicals to treat this. I heard that green papaya can do wonders in removing those black/whiteheads. This is not time consuming and can be prepared at home very easily. Just cut a few pieces of unripe papaya and use a mixer to mash it well. Apply it directly on your skin and wash it with cold water once it is dried up. You can also add other natural ingredients like honey, cucumber or yogurt to make it more effective.

Please note that papaya is allergic to some people so try this in a small area other than visible areas like face/neck and if it doesn’t cause any reactions you can use it safely. You can save a lot of money avoiding those chemical based products which ultimately ruin your skin texture.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @moondebi@moondebi and @luckycharm@luckycharm, Do those homemade remedies really remove blackheads to the point of uprooting them? I do know that if the skin is very soft then you can simply "rub" or "scratch" those blackheads away, but it still doesn't really extract those pesky whiteheads fully. A lot still remains on the pores. So I prefer to squeeze the skin to fully uproot them.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I normally squeeze them however, I don't think I'm doing it right since it makes my skin super red and there's always blood with it. That's why I always let my hubby remove it for me since he seemed to know how to without that much pain. I tried going to facial spas but it hurts so bad that I would like to just go and be done with it. Not to mention that it will make my face swell :(

8. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    If you use your bare nails then it will cause some bleeding if you squeeze your face a bit too hard. In your nose, not as much. You really need to use a blackhead remover so that you can remove them quite easily and painlessly. It does make your face swell, but after an hour or two it will stop swelling already.

9. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Thankfully I barely have these so I am not so bothered. However, I had them during my teenage years and I used to simply squeeze them out without any problems.

10. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    I think so but I squeeze it as gently as possible although it still hurts. Yeah I do own a blackhead remover but it is more painful than removing it with your fingers. I also tried the peel off mask but to no avail, it didnt work. I even tap warm water on my face before doing it to open my pores for less pain. I can say that it can help a bit, and after that I tap cold water on my face to close the pores, and to minimize the swelling as well.

11. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well I have been doing it since I was 14, so I think my face has become immune already so it doesn't hurt anymore when I squeeze it. I say give it time, eventually your face won't be that sensitive anymore and you won't feel any pain eventually.

12. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Honestly, I've been doing it for years now and I think my face won't get used to it since I have a very sensitive skin from the very beginning. I even have skin allergies with brands that I first use that's why I'm extra careful with using different products.

Anyway, does your face also swell the first time you do it? Or does it bleed? Did it hurt much or you were able to tolerate the pain?

13. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    From the start I was able to tolerate the pain. I remember I was squeezing also the blackheads on the nose of my mom, and back then I didn't have a blackhead remover yet, so I was just using my bare hands. She seemed to tolerate the pain as well, but described the feeling like her nose feels "thick", because it got red and swollen for a bit because of the squeezing.

14. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    I do experience the same thing with my nose before especially when I use the stainless blackhead remover. I don't really understand why I find it more painful than using my bare hands :( That's good that she can tolerate the pain. What about now? Are you still doing it? Have you ever tried going to facial spas to have a full facial?

15. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail, I'm actually "addicted" to picking my face. My mom passed away already, so I don't "meddle" with her face anymore. I actually never thought of going for a facial, but I did go to a derma. How much does a facial cost?

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am lucky that I do not have them anymore but during my teens I was told by my mom that even if I touch them the number of blackheads will increase. I used to wait for them to remove naturally so that they did not leave their marks on my skin.

17. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Oh I'm really sorry to her about your mom :(

My hubby also likes picking his face and I told him not to do it with his hands not sanitize as he might get bacteria or infection with dirty nails and fingers. I usually go to facial spas before and they are a bit inexpensive compared to dermatologists in our place. A single facial without any masks included costs only $9. The cheapest face mask costs $5, diamond peel is more or less $12. Though I'm not updated with their prices anymore and it also varies depending on the spa.

18. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail, Thanks for the info. Yes, going to the derma is quite expensive, and the creams and toners they prescribe aren't cheap too, but the effects are more lasting. I don't want to entrust picking my blackheads to other people, since I love doing it, so no wonder I never had a facial yet. Why pay someone to do what I love to do, right? Lol.

19. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Hahaha :D You're absolutely right. Too bad I can't do it right with my face but luckily, I have my hubby to do it for me haha :D

Well regarding the toners and soaps that dermatologists recommend, most of them are indeed effective but does not come cheap as well. The reason why I don't buy their products is because I've known some people who have direct access to their laboratories and we can get their products (the ones that dermas recommend) for almost half the price. Nice right? The only thing is that they aren't packaged yet and they are direct from the laboratory that's why it's a bit cheaper, but definitely the same product.

20. ACEP

ACEPMember

Threads:
    Getting clear skin is no easy feat, especially when you get up close and personal and notice all those nasty whiteheads and blackheads sitting on your pores. Unfortunately, they are not the easiest to get rid of. There are some tips I usually apply here are some; Steam it out, First, you'll want to clear out those pores, and you can do so using steam. You can even just take a soft hand towel and drop it into hot water.After you check that it's not too hot, place the towel onto your problems areas, and the heat will open up pores. Try to use Salicylic Acid it is ideal for dissolving blackheads. Exfoliate With Oatmeal it can help to get rid of dead skin cells as well as bacteria that can be causing whiteheads and blackheads.