How Do You Repurpose Jewelry?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Feb 6, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Jewelry can be expensive and people can probably save some money if they can find ways to re-purpose or reuse old jewelry , broken jewelry or jewelry they for some reason no longer use.

Ever re-purposed or found ways to use old jewelry which someone else would otherwise have thrown out or locked away in some drawer?

Know ways someone can re-purpose or reuse jewelry?

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I had some cheap beaded bracelets that broke. I reused the beads from those bracelets to create new bracelets and keyrings. I've also repurposed a locket into a keyring as well as I find that I'm more likely to have my keys on me than a necklace or brooch.

I remember my Grandmother having some charms that were supposed to be for a charm bracelet that she used as part of bookmarks she made as well, although it was a long time ago and I don't remember exactly what she used to do with them now.

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I do a couple of things with jewelry I no longer want. I either make art out of it or save the pieces and make new jewelry. I even like to buy the junk jewelry lots from eBay and dig through the treasures that are sent to me. You can find some neat things in those boxes.

4. Grace Simmons

Grace SimmonsNew Member

Threads:
    There are many advanced tools have been invented with the help of which you can remake damaged jewelry and make it the same like before. And to give a fresh look to the old jewelry like new one, gold or silver water is used to give jewelry shine and brighten.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    It depends on the design of the jewelry but most of the time I would just let them build up and see if I can gather enough to make something decent enough to serve as decoration around the house. If not I'll probably look to incorporate it into clothes or something like that. More often than not I just get it repaired though because it doesn't cost that much to get jewelry repaired here unless the damage is major or if the item is not too expensive I may not bother altogether.

6. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    All this talk about reprising jewelry made me go out and buy another junk jewelry lot on ebay. I have a large tote full of junk pieces that I plan to create new pieces from eventually when I get time. My favorite part is sorting through all of the junk I find.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it's gold and silver there are places that buy broken gold jewelry. SellYourGold.com is a place, but got to check with the BBB about places and sites before you do anything through the mail. There has been a downturn for gold prices too. You can find the latest gold prices in your newspaper in the commodities section for stock information. Good luck if you're going to sell your gold and silver jewelry. We've sold our broken jewelry too and some had gem stones, the buyer usually takes out the gemstones and gives them back to you. I don't know of places that buy the gemstones though, I'm still looking for a buyer of my gemstones locally.

8. weddingbands

weddingbandsNew Member

Threads:
    Reusing or repurposing old jewelry is a good idea. You can directly use it in its proper design. If you don’t like the design then consult any well-known jeweler to change the design and color and make them best suitable for you. If you don’t like their original metal, then you can also change the metal by putting a plate of your favorite metal on it. Thanks!!