How Do You Save Money On Clothes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by luri • Aug 19, 2017.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    It is human nature to buy nice clothes. However, this tendency will cost you money. If you are brand conscious, your spending on clothing will be even bigger.
    One of the ways to save money on clothes is buying Chinese clothline. Chinese clothes are less expensive that the clothing manufactured in the US.
    How other ideas do you haver in your mind.

2. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not into buying branded clothes so I don't have problems about clothes. I am good with just jeans and plain shirts, so I just buy jeans whenever they're on sale and only if I need some. When it comes to clothes, I just buy the cheapest but I won't let the quality suffer, then I would make some designs and print it on my shirt. A lot cheaper than branded clothes and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one with that design.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you live near a Walmart you can find lots of rollback prices on clothes both women and men clothing goes on special rollbacks all the time. It's really super when you find something you need for just $3! Just watch yourself, 10 @ $3 is still $30! You can find children clothing and accessories as well as adult accessories at very low prices or rollback special prices all the time! If you love to window shop, you'll love to window shop at Walmart. I got to warn you, you'll find lots of things you want and need at Walmart at good prices, but at the checkout is where it counts.

4. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    @luri@luri In Africa, there is the option of importing Chinese clothes because of the price advantage it has to other clothes from other nations. However, we have these sets of clothes we call okirika in Nigeria which are fairly clothes imported from fellow neighbouring countries. These sets of clothes are cheaper compared to clothes even made in our country.

Whenever I shop especially for clothes I use at home, I go for these sets of clothes so as to save cost and these clothes, if shopped wisely lasts longer as well.

#4Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  5. Koksadi

KoksadiNew Member

Threads:
    I always buy clothes during the sale period. Here in my country, every year, we have two months when the clothes are on sale. I usually save money all the year round so as to do bulk shopping during this sale period. This helps me to save a considerable amount of money.

I'm not a brand freak but wear only the latest style of clothes. Quality does matter a lot but I'm comfortable with the medium range. High quality products are very expensive and at times become unaffordable.

6. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Chinese clothes are nice but it smells ugly, I prefer to buy brand clothes at secondhand. Of course, I choose wisely and what is almost new but very cheap, also there are some outlet stores that sell nice clothes at a very cheap price. We can save a lot of money in this way and wear nice branded clothes.

7. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Proper handling and care of clothes will certainly make the clothes last longer and will make it look as new as possible, therefore the need to always buy new clothes is minimized. To save money on buying new sets of clothes, I never buy branded one plus I go on discount stores and sales. I make it a habit to look out and hunts for available promo sales whenever I can.

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I seldom buy clothes but when there is a good deal, I tend to buy several. In fact, I just came back from a holiday in Jakarta, Indonesia. Their clothes are so cheap at $2 for the polo shirt, and lesser for the t-shirt. I actually bought a lot that will serve as my Christmas gifts to friends and relatives. At least I don't have to spend big money in December.

9. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    My advice is try to buy clothes on sell as well as find out which stores sell good clothes at convenient prices. Look into coupons for clothing as well, it could help you out. If you are fine with the merchandise then I suggest going with the Chinese clothesline if it is more convenient for you.

10. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I have some clothing items that are a bit on the high end. I made a big decision at the start of this year to cut down on my spending on clothes. And this has made a huge difference to my savings. So, to start with saving money from clothes purchase, don't buy what you don't need, make a plan to buy during sales. I am not too sure about second hand clothing as I have never purchased these, but if this will work for you, then go for it.

11. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    It might seem contradictory to what you have posted but my advise and principle that i live by is that if you buy quality clothes they will last longer and thus saving money.

12. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    most of the times i do every month i satisfy my self buying something with a specific budget

13. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I usually save money on clothes when I buy them with remarked values. The "discounts" are usually very generous (depending on the type of clothing).

14. Rock1987

Rock1987Member

Threads:
    Saving on clothes is a very big factor for me. Every month, I spend a part of my salary on clothes. In India, the average price of clothes is less than that of other countries. US branded clothes are expensive. I try to buy mostly non-branded clothes though I have a few branded T-shirts, jeans and formal shirts.

I look for discounts in malls. Sometimes they have a offer of buying one shirt or one pair of jeans and getting one free. I save a lot of money during festive season when the stores provide minimum 30% discount. The discounts range from 20%-70% here. I also save a lot of money through online shopping and through discount coupons.

15. butterflow

butterflowNew Member

Threads:
    I tend to buy most of my clothes in the sales. In fact, it is very rare that I pay the full price for any item of clothing. I love going to the markets where you can even find designer items that cost hardly anything.

If you don't mind wearing second-hand clothes, then you can find lots of good things in the charity shops.
    With lots of outlet stores about, you can pay half price or less for designer clothes.

16. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    True, Chinese clothing is indeed cheap, but 2nd hand clothing is cheaper, most are only $1 to $2, so I tend to just buy those instead of buying new clothes or Chinese-made ones. Also, you can try to haggle to, which means the price can still be lower.

17. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes, Expensive clothes can save you money because they are more durable. You can cut the price but buying a used one from thrift shops.

I love buying shirts from Fubu because their shirts last forever. One of my Fubu shirts had been with me since I was 12 years old and it still fits.

18. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I like to visit

at sale. I am so sure that this will be really charming and must to enjoy thing if you want to save money and also want to buy some good clothes.