How do you save money on fitness?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by MoniqueSeibel • Apr 14, 2013.

1. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I guess the best way to save money on fitness is to simply exercise at home. You can borrow fitness videos from your local library or even borrow from a friend. You can also swap exercise videos that you have with someone so that you don't get bored with what you have. You can save money on fitness by going to a near by school or college campus. Many of them have tracks that you can run or walk. Simply just taking a walk around your neighborhood or in a local park is also a great way to get some exercise.

2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I don't go to the gym - enough said.
    You can do your own exercises, use stuff around the house to workout, run which doesn't need anything else other than a pair of legs (they come with you when you are born).

3. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    One of the things that I have done which I am the most proud of is bought an exercise bike generator. Basically, it's a device that you cycle on that generates electricity to charge a battery pack that you can then use to power things around your home. It cost double the price of an average exercise bike, but when I consider the amount of money that I am able to save on electricity thanks to being able to plug things in, it's more than worth it in the long term. It gives me much more motivation to exercise, too, as I am pretty much being paid to exercise once I've paid back the amount that I had to pay for the bike. It's something that I would absolutely recommend to anyone.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get my exercise while living and playing and my weight is maintained by eating right. If I were to feel the need to overexert myself for whatever reason, I would probably download videos and buy a bunch of weights I guess. Yeah, no.. I'll stick to free, easy and fun lol.

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My physical fitness doesn't actually cost me anything. I run and sprint at my local wildlife reserve for free and I train with weights in my garage. I don't have to pay for gym membership or any new equipment.

6. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    It is really easy to save money on fitness. I run at the park. I'll play tennis there too. I use the local college to play racquetball. For golf, I'll go to the local park as the sun is rising and hit balls on the grass there. That way I don't have to pay the exorbitant fees for the golf course. You really do not need a gym membership to stay fit. Heck, you can get exercise right in your living room. You can do situps, pushups and run in place.

7. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    My workout routine is playing tennis, so I save money looking for the cheaper clubs and when I can playing at the cheapest hours. I also have two clubs near my flat, so whenever I can walk to them and I don't spend fuel from my car.

8. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    There's a lot of things I like to do to save when it comes to fitness. There are a lot of free videos with good exercises and advice on the internet. If I can't find anything there then I'll watch one of the free programs that comes with my cable. I'm big on doing things outside like walking and swimming. I haven't bought any exercise equipment, but if I do, I'm going to make sure it's something that can be used for many different parts of my workout.

LOVE & DEALS
    DH:cool:

9. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I don't go to the gym. So I don't pay any fee. I just walk and jog in the morning in a park. Few years back I bought Zumba for my Wii. I still use it up to now.

10. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I actually use a lot of the fitness videos on youtube. There is Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin, Leslie Sanone, and so much more. Not to mention I use the gym at my apartment instead of getting a gym membership. They also have a pool I use when I want to swim. Plus I take walks outside for cardio. So my budget is kind of free.