How do you save money on perfume?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Jan 17, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    In order to save money on perfume, I often purchase mini bottles of my favorite brand or use samples.

Perfume is just one of those products that costs more than substance should. What is perfume other than a mix of water and spices or flora? Both of these ingredients are dirt cheap.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually get my perfume at either really good sales at Macy's or Sephora, or I get them at Ross or TXMaxx. Ross has perfumes for incredible prices sometimes, and as I used to have one close to home I took advantage of the prices pretty often!
    Another place where prices tend to be good as well is on duty frees on airports. But of course, that requires you to actually travel! Either way, discount stores and outlets are the best bet for good prices on your favorite perfume!

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Coupons always have helped me with this. But then again, I don't really go large on perfumes. I stick to colognes.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    perfume gives me a headache.. I can't even be around someone wearing them, I don't know how people do it. They all pretty much smell the same to me too. I buy fragrance oils. Much cheaper, no headaches and don't smell of alcohol and gasoline lol. There is a far bigger selection to choose from too. One day I can smell floral and the next fruity or a mixture of both. It's the only way to get truly gourmand fragrances too. They also sell dupes of popular perfumes as well and those don't give me headaches either.

5. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I usually purchase perfume when they're on sale, or people tend to gift them to me and my family. We still have some from 10+ years back because we don't use it as much, I tend to use the Victoria Secret Body sprays more; their perfume is also quite cheap during the Christmas time; the creams also give off a nice smell that can pass off as perfume.

6. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I am going to check out Ross. There's one near me. I normally just shop for purses and shoes at this place. I didn't realize they also had perfume.

7. Dylansmom

DylansmomNew Member

Threads:
    Yea, I tend to use oils because they for one are cheaper and they also last longer than any perfume I have ever bought.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well you can easily save money on perfume by not purchasing them and just opt for cologne instead. I've always thought that the price of designer perfumes is quite expensive, and when you buy one it's like you're "spraying" your money away. ;)

9. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    What I found out recently is that there are a lot of retailers who sell perfume replicas at really nice prices. I'm one of those girls who gets bored quickly so investing in original perfumes would get me broke really fast. I also like to try different scents and I still haven't found a scent that I can relate to and that I can call mine. I think when that time comes I will consider investing in original perfumes.

A nice way to save on perfumes is to buy them from someone else who doesn't like/need them anymore. I've seen there are a lot of girls who sell perfumes that they no longer like or use. Finding someone on the internet who has that perfume you're looking for should not be that hard.

10. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, I help my wife saving 100% on perfumes because I have allergies and she can't wear them! :D

Now more seriously, I have colleagues at work that sell by catalog and they make better prices than retailers, a great opportunity.

11. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    If you travel a lot you could always get them from the airports tax free shops. It's a lot cheaper and obviously a single bottle will last for a long time.

12. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    There's lots of things you could do. Buy them second-hand from people that got bored, use samples or buy them at discount/sales. Another funny method, around here at least, is to buy them from the gypsies who sell them at a discount. Not stolen mind you, just fakes! And while we're on the topic, what do you think about fakes, are they worth it?

In the end, it's all about smelling good, isn't it? :eek:

13. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    You are absolutely right. The only way to save money on perfume is to by a cheaper brand, or buy smaller bottles of your favorite. Although with that method you would have to use your perfume in extreme moderation. Samples are also a good alternative, but you are unlikely to acquire enough to meet your needs. I would suggest you go with a cheaper brand until you can afford your preference again.

14. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    I'm exactly the same way. I'm sensitive to perfume and I don't like the idea of putting it on me anyway - who knows what's really in it? I don't like putting chemicals on my body.

I like to use natural perfumes, things like essential oils, vanilla extract, citrus (just squeeze the rind juice on you), rosemary, etc. These things are all cheap and last a long time and are healthier to use. I like the huge selection of scents as well. Essential oils alone have dozens and dozens of different scents to choose from and you can even mix them to create a whole new scent.

15. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought aftershave or deodorant in about 20 years because I get so much of it at Christmas that it easily lasts me until the end of the year when Christmas comes around again. I also do very well with socks. :)

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The best way I've found to save money on cologne and perfume is to ask for it as gifts during holidays and birthdays. My whole family knows I'm a nut for perfumes so they just buy it for me every holiday and birthday and as a result I have not bought perfume in nearly ten years. The only downside is that I don't get to pick but I find they are all mostly alright anyway as long as they are of a good brand which they often are since they are used as gifts.