How do you shop for music?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by mistymi • Mar 3, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Online or offline? What type of stores/sites do you go to? What do you like and dislike?

I am pretty new to shopping for music. I've only bought some individual tracks on iTunes because I couldn't find them on youtube. I listen classical music so most stores don't have what I want. I like being able to buy tracks individually because they usually come with a bunch of other pieces I'm not interested in and entire albums tend to be expensive.

I hate album only version tracks. There is a $12 album that comes with four piano sonatas and I only want one of them so it would be a waste to buy it the entire album. The last movement of the sonata I want is album only. I also wish these sites had more sales or something like games do.

#1Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Using a download manager you can download this music for free. It is not illegal but people normally share several types of music. personally I use viperial.com to check out and download new songs.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy music these days. I listen to it on the official youtube channels of the artists or record labels.

Anyway, since you won't get everything on youtube, I'd very much recommend half.com for your music. The prices are very wallet-friendly.

4. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I usually search for new music on YouTube, and when i find something that i like i go to iTunes, and purchase it. I use to search for music on iTunes also, but the 30 second previews were not enough time for me to determine if i like the song enough to buy it. Now i use a two step process of YouTube, and iTunes.

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I still buy CDs, not as much as I used to, but I still do it. I buy them from Ebay, Amazon, and I visit second hand shops such as Cash Convertors and CEX, they are stores where people sell their stuff and you can pick up some great bargains. :)

6. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I'm one of those guys that downloads everything for free nowadays. It's just so much easier and cheaper.

I do buy albums on Itunes, but only if the artist is one of my favourites.

7. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I like to buy music on CDs. I still prefer to have a physical copy rather than downloading a track. I have downloaded a couple of songs off of iTunes as I didn't want to pay for the whole cd for the one song but the majority of the time I buy CDs instore or online. I don't buy many CDs these days as I just listen to the radio or stream songs online. It can be costly buying CDs so using youtube is a lot cheaper.

8. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been in the habit of buying music for a long time, but if there is an album I find myself LOVING, the first place I check is the local library. It sort of feels like stealing, but you can download entire CD's onto the computer and put them on your iPod or phone for free.

We also use iTunes occasionally.

But seriously... no more CD's around here. At all.

9. ghostwheel

ghostwheelMember

Threads:
    Like most people who has already posted; I use Youtube as well. I can find pretty much any music for free there and then use a youtube to mp3 website if I really like it to be saved into my harddrive.

I have however used itunes but only rarely; the music is still relatively cheap with that and it saves me from the palava of fiddling around with files and copying to get it into my ipod (so, I'm basically paying for convenience really)

10. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    Itunes at the moment is the only place that i will buy someones music. If you are an artist good enough to buy, then i will do so using itunes. I think that this is the most convenient way to buy music. I do however miss the actual feel of buying the physical disc sometimes. So a second option is usually amazon if i want to get the disc itself or maybe the dvd.