How Do You Start Saving Without A Job?

Discussion in Personal Finance started by mildredtabitha • Sep 1, 2017.

1. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I wish it was easy to save money especially when one is jobless or the pay is not good. I am so fortunate to have found ways to earn online that have saved me in various times. Sometimes I had no money for my rent but once I cash out from online paying activities I am able to pay it up. Now I am able to save some of that money for emergencies or futures needs.

2. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    It's always nice to work hard and fend for oneself because it's going to accord you some sense of respect and unnecessary insults from anyone or relatives. It's good to incorporate the spirit of independence in anything one is doing.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I know when my children were little and I didn't work I found it hard to save but I did put a few pounds a week into an insurance scheme and after it reached £1000 pounds I could withdraw it. It was a good way to save but I always drew it out after it reached £1000 because there was always something that I needed to spend the money on. When the children got older and I went out to work it was a lot easier to save up for things we needed.

4. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    It's difficult to save when you have expenses to meet and you do not have a job to allow you a steady source of income. Very few people would be able to save anything in a situation like this when bills are always pending and sometimes piling up. In most instances, when you are able to obtain some funds it's already booked out in expenses.

5. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    You are right. In such a case, it is better for someone to use funds obtained to pay debts while searching for a job. Though getting a job is really not easy in this generation and even those who have one, the expenses seem to always be more than the salary gained.

I like your method of survival especially when the children were little. I have always believed that there is a solution to everything and in your case, you did the right thing.

6. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think saving needs to be a habit. And that habit can change a lot of things if you ask me. You can see that getting a job and earning consistent amount keeps you in a right mode. After that you have to be saving for the retirement. That should be the right way to focus on the long term financial side. I have seen many people taking that approach and it works for them.

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    It is practically impossible to save money without job, but with the allowances given to you by your parents, you can save some of those money by cutting your expenses like transportations, meals. But working online in your free time is considered as a part time job. So you cannot say that earning online to save money is a person without a job.

8. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    When I was still studying, I just saved my allowance so that I could have money to buy what I want. I never really tried to find a job that time, I just either asked my parents for money or I saved my allowance.

9. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    If you do not have a good source of income, saving is very difficult but not impossible. When I was in school I use to get pocket money from my parents, I always cut my expenses and managed to save few bucks. I had a piggy bank and every day I put one or two coins inside it.