How do you treat your Acne?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gmac9100 • Apr 11, 2014.

1. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Try water therapy. I've done that and it worked! You will breakout so bad in the beginning, because that's your body's way of expelling all the dirt, but after about a week, your skin will start to get better. Make sure you drink at least 3 liters of water everyday on a continuous basis. It will take you about a month or two before you start seeing results but it's worth the wait.

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Actually, I don't use any facial wash but my skin is pretty smooth. I guess it is because I eat healthy foods such as vegetables and fruits all of the time. I love cucumber and carrots. These two somehow helps to give my skin a bit of a glow. I suggest eat healthy foods too, and drink plenty of water. It truly helps. As for other methods, whenever I have a pimple/acne, I treat them with rubbing alcohol and toothpaste. I know that sounds pretty weird, but hey, they totally worked for me. ;)

3. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of acne in my face before. It is quite embarassing if ance covers your entire face. I have low self confidence in meeting with people. I tried a lot of ance fighting products but still it does not solve my acne problem.

I have read an article in a magazine that present simple natural way to solve acne problem.
    1. You can used baking soda and oatmeal as facemask for 20 minutes. This will help in removing the pus in your skin.
    2. Tea Tree Oil
    3. Keep yourself from touching acne prone areas in the skin to avoid infections.
    4. If you can resist slight pain, you can use lemon juice in you face. Make sure first that you skin in not too sensitive.
    5. You can also used Avocado paste as mask.
    6. If you have really sensitive skin due to Ance please see a Doctor for proper advice.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

I've been where you are, believe me. I know exactly how it feels, it's not a nice place to be at all. I suffered with acne all through my teens and really, all my life until a few years ago. Like you, I tried everything under the sun, cheap and expensive, you name it, with no success.

One day I stumbled a product called PanOxyl with 10%Benzoyl peroxide. Read up on it and look for the online reviews, you'll be amazed. You can find it on Amazon and any decent pharmacy.

I bought the foaming face wash and the gel, which both came in at under £10! This product is drying on the skin, so you may need a lower strength than the 10% I went for. My skin is very oily and I was going for drastic. Well, this product stopped my acne in its tracks within two months, and cut it down by about 95%! I just couldn't believe it. I don't break out as much anymore, but when I do, I use those products.

I also take herbal supplements, Brewer's yeast and my skin's not perfect; but it's a far cry from what it was just a few short years ago. I wish you all the best in getting your skin sorted.

5. Victoria Langley

Victoria LangleyNew Member

Threads:
    I found a basic coal tar soap along with distilled witch hazel really helped mine calm down, it was insane after many years of trying to calm mine and also trying pretty much everything on the market that some of the oldest products out there which are fairly natural did the job. They are also a lot cheaper than any of the products I was buying from the drug stores.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to have a lot of acne on my face mainly due to stress. Now, I hardly have any except in rare instances when I get so stressed before or after my period (hormones kick in around this time). I treated my acne by not putting on foundations and face powders and washing my face two to three times a day. I also started putting moisturizers and face cream. The difference was so huge and to my surprise, I've developed this geisha-like skin in the course of following this routine.

7. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    I've had bad skin for DECADES. I've never found anything OTC that made any difference. I did have some luck with prescription medication that I got from a dermatologist, but of course when you stop using the medication, the blemishes come back. I have resigned myself to the fact that upon my death someday my family will observe my zits as I lay in my coffin. Sigh.

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Cetaphil and Bragg's Apple Cider vinegar to spread onto my face. I do them religiously and I try not to miss a day without me putting them onto my face. Of course, results wouldn't always be visible immediately. So it would really take so much time to get them out, but patience is the key and keep hoping that something will happen out of consistency.

9. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    I don't really think of them that much so I just leave them...

10. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds pretty dangerous. You shouldn't be forcefully drinking too much water, it kills your kidneys, among other stuff.

11. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I recently discovered a home remedy that works better than anything I have ever bought. I mix 1/2 cup each of salt, honey, and lemon juice. You massage it on your face for 10 full minutes. Then you let it dry for about another 10 minutes. You wash it off and look at the difference in awe while slowly touching your face and saying, " Oh wow!". The last instruction is optional, but I spend another 10 minutes doing it after each time I use it.

12. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    That's interesting. I've never heard of anyone using apple cider vinegar for breakouts. Is there something special about the Bragg's brand or do you think any brand of apple cider vinegar would work as well? Does it dry your skin out at all? Apple cider vinegar is acidic, so I would think it would be a bit drying.

13. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually use turmeric and basen on my skin. It does wonders and is definitely useful. But a lot of people are allergic to turmeric, so just check that and then use.