How do you turn off automatic app updates on Android?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • May 9, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just drained the battery of my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I charged it then switched it on. The freakin thing updated all the apps automatically! I almost ran out of memory because of the update. Is there an option to remove the automatic updates for Android apps?

2. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Go to the app in play store and go to settings.
    you can disable auto updates from there.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    This. But if you want a specific app to not update, i think you can go to it's definitions and choose to not update.

4. lindbergh

Threads:
    Ok, thanks guys. So, I have like 50 apps and games installed in my Android device. That means I have to edit the settings of these apps one by one. Sigh. There's no shortcut to this? I'll have to be much more careful when installing apps next time.

5. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I think the above posters gave two options. One should be a shortcut i.e. disabling the updates from Google Play altogether. I'd choose the option of disabling the updates and only turn it on whenever necessary but not allow it to work automatically...

6. lindbergh

Threads:
    Sorry, my bad. I just did what you said. Thanks man. I already disabled the auto updates of the apps. Whew. This was actually disabled before. Maybe when my Android device updated, it also set the settings to auto update the apps. Why, you sneaky little green Google Android you.