How Do You Use Social Media To Save Money

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • Apr 12, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We all spend a little time on social networking sites every day.

And it all makes saving money easier because [if you can find them], there always are numerous things being promoted on social media. You'll find coupons, promo codes, freebies and free events which can save you even more money.

How do you guys use social media to save money?

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Just like you said, I join giveaways by big companies and get some freebies. Sometimes, it's a product or maybe a movie pass. I don't win all the time though since competition is tough. But I have won maybe twice already since I started joining such giveaways.

Sometimes, they also offer special discounts or coupons for people who follow their pages. I take advantage of that since I do love freebies, lol. I always check the social media accounts of my favourite companies to be in the know of what special promos they have.

Some of my favourite bloggers also post contests in their social media accounts. The premise is simple, you do what they require you to do, and you can be selected to win the prizes. But I haven't really won from such contests since they do require something artistic most of the time. Like creating a makeup look or an outfit, and people beat me to creativity. Haha!

That's about it! I would love to read about how other people use social media to save money.:)

3. albreeden

albreedenMember

Threads:
    The best way that I can think to use social media to save money is just getting the opinions of your friends. Though, @Briannagodess@Briannagodess has a valid point in saying you should follow businesses. I know, I myself, have posted coupons on Facebook for my business - saving my followers around 20% off of purchases.

I'm not huge on giveaways, only because I don't know anyone who has personally benefited from them. It's nice to hear that some people have had luck - a bit more encouraging. There are so many scams out there that are just out to get your information, makes my head spin.

Forums are a good way to make and save money online. I'm a member to a few sites that promote frugality and saving money. I think that hearing other experiences is very helpful in keeping a mindful watch on your expenses. It's almost every day that I am exposed to a new way to make or save money. Very helpful.

4. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I use social media to get coupons, enter giveaways and to get freebies. All of these things save me money. I also post offers there that I see in the hope that others will do the same for me if they see things that might be of interest to them. I've also seen the option to print a voucher right from an advert there before, often for things like a free chocolate bar or bottle of coke.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My main method is just following my favorite online stores on twitter. This way I get notifications for when they tweet a promo they are having which is great since a lot do these stores do a lot of flash sales which means they are putting certain items at discounted rates for a limited number of hours only and this way when I get a notification I can immediately participate or at least I'll get the chance to check it out and make my decision on whether or not the specific sale is worth it.