How do you use the Starbucks Rewards System?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by H.C. Heartland • Jun 24, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Recently, I have been trying to use my Starbucks Rewards card and app more often. I have just found out by one of their baristas that if you order two coffees, and use your card to swipe it, you will only receive one point because the point system is based on card swipes and not coffee orders. Do you have any think special you like about the rewards system? I like the fact that once you are on the app (I have mine on my tablet), you can get free apps and music. I just got one free song and also a photo editing app called, 'Photo Wonder' that I really like. You can take a photo and splice the head onto a cartoon much like Jib Jab. Also you can edit the photo like it is on the cover of a magazine article. Another feature is 'thinify' where you can make your face thinner. There are other similar features that I had not seen on other photo editing apps before. Since I am new to Starbucks Rewards I was just wondering what else I could get with it.

2. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    I used to go to Starbucks all the time back when I had a job where I could afford it. Of course, I'm wishing now I had socked that money away in the bank instead! Live and learn!

When I went to Starbucks all the time, the app was great. Now that I don't go so much, I'm a little more reluctant to put much money on my Starbucks card, but I still do it from time to time because the rewards are worth it. I love getting the free drink on my birthday.

I always pick up the iTunes Pick of the Week card when I'm in the neighborhood, not because the songs are all great -- they're usually just "okay" -- but if you use Viggle, you can get 1000 points for buying an iTunes song, even when the song you bought is free. I use my Viggle points to get a free Redbox rental every other weekend and download a new song or two when the mood strikes. So the free Viggle points and the drink on my birthday are currently my favorite things about Starbucks. :D

3. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think that I use my Starbucks rewards in any certain way. If I come across any "extra" money, sometimes I will load it onto my card although never more than $10 at a time. I use my Swagbucks sometimes to redeem for a Starbucks card but I always transfer the balance to one card so that I don't get confused. I'm currently at the green level and would love to get to gold but 5 drinks a month might be a little much for me. We shall see. I think signing up for the Rewards program is worth it even if all you do is stay at the welcome level. You'll still get pretty good emails with specials. A week after signing up for it, I received an email for a free drink of any size. That was a good day!

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been a Starbucks card member for a few years. I do love the Starbucks app because it gives me weekly coupons or deals. I really don't do anything special with my app. I don't visit Starbucks as much as I used to. Once a year Starbucks promotes a Groupon to their members first. You pay $5 for $10 on your card. Only one Groupon purchase is allowed.