How Do You Use Your Thanksgiving Leftovers?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by abonnen • Nov 25, 2016.

1. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I always buying a bigger turkey when they are on sale that way I have leftovers after Thanksgiving! I like to make turkey and noodles (homemade), Turkey cranberry bbq sandwiches (with leftover turkey and cranberry sauce), cranberry muffins (with cranberry sauce), turkey pot pie, and turkey fajitas. What are you favorite ways to use up your thanksgiving leftovers?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Whenever there is an occasion to cook food for house guests, it is always a given that there will be lots of leftover. It is our custom to cook more than what is expected to be consumed because in a gathering or party, it is better to have leftover than for some guests to go hungry (when the food is not enough). And if the leftover is of great volume, our recourse is to give it away to the poor neighbors. That is better than to be wasted and thrown away.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    When I have left overs after the holidays I usually make turkey sandwiches, they are so good. A turkey soup is also one of my favorites to make very nice for the cold weather. As a mexican tradition we like to make turkey tacos with delicious green salsa topped off with cilantro and onion.

4. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I have leftover turkey, I make sandwiches with gravy and mashed potatoes mostly. I also sometimes mix everything together in a bowl and eat it with a spoon. When there are too many leftovers for me, I invite some family members to help me finish it which they do gladly, haha.

5. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    A lovely dish I always like to make with leftover poultry is mix it with a soup and have it with mash and veg. It is very easy to warm up a chicken or mushroom soup and pour it over your left overs. It makes an interesting alternative as well as using some to make sandwiches. Another idea is to have some cold with a nice crunchy salad and fresh bread.

6. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I give my leftovers to my the disadvantaged or the street kids. Most of the times I bring my friends over and cook for them, there is too much food left and I invite the kids to share with them. Sometimes I even invite the kids and other disadvantaged people to the party. I do this to make sure they didn't just enjoy the leftovers but they also enjoyed the happy moments.

7. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    The leftovers are normally dealt with in very boring ways as compared to how the OP deals with them. Normally, they are simply made in sandwiches. Due to that fact, our family always buys potato chips along with the other food items for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Anyhow, the sandwiches sure taste good, though! Does anyone else like turkey or ham sandwiches?