How do you watch new movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Miaka_M • Apr 4, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever a movie comes out, automatically there are many options on how to view the movie. The first would be the legal way, which is paying to watch the movie at a theatre. The second would be finding a bootleg copy somewhere and purchasing it for about $5. The last would be finding a recoding of the movie online and settling down for that. I personally would rather go into the movie theatre and sit down with some snacks. Movies are pretty costly now to watch, I think that if they cut the price down a little, more people would be going to the movies instead of just getting bootlegs. Some movies are much better in the theatres. What is your opinion on this and which method of viewing do you prefer?

2. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    If you are patient enough, then you can watch them once people share on torrent sites. That is what I do when I want to watch some new movies. But when it is a great movie and I can not wait, I will just have to pay to watch it in the theater and enjoy myself also. If it is anything in 3D then theater is my only option because I just love the graphics.

3. Magicman94

Magicman94Member

Threads:
    I'm not a big fan of 3D, so I just wait for redbox or VOD. Ticket prices for theatres are so ridiculously high I just can't justify going to the theater that often. I try to avoid torrent sites, I got the FBI virus from one of those sites a few years ago.

4. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    Whenever there is a new movie i want to see i go to the movies.

That is the only legal way. I hate that fact because the movies are incredibly expensive. I wish that movies were released on Blu Ray the same day they come tome to theaters. That would be more convenient.

After i see it in the theater i wait for the Blu Ray to be released. That usually takes 3-4 months. Which is another inconvenience. Especially if i actually like the movie. That makes me eager to add it to my collection.

5. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really go to the movies any more so now it's just a case of waiting until a stream is available and then I'll watch that.

I will only go to the movies these days if it's a massively anticipated film across the world.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't purchased bootlegged copies of movies, music or software in over 15 years. The only reason I did it back then was because I didn't have high speed internet and it would take forever to download it over dial-up (not to mention use up all my minutes). I would never go that route these days considering how much I am already paying for internet access - I would just look for a pirated copy online somewhere.

I'm sorry but I don't have much sympathy for the motion picture industry - they keep complaining about losing money to piracy yet these movies are becoming bigger and bigger budget affairs year after year, and actors salaries continue to break records - so something is not adding up. They've got plenty of cash flowing in through all sorts of channels, they are not that hard up. Plus, so many of these movies suck, and we don't have any option of getting our money back, so I have no problem watching pirated copies instead from time to time.

7. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well, the way I watch movies depends on the movie itself. If the movie is good based on critiques and if I am a fan of the director or the movie franchise itself, I'd pay to watch it on theaters. But if the movie is some mainstream action/super hero film, I'd just be patient and wait a few weeks until it shows up on torrent sites, I mean, I'd never really watch those kinds of movies but its a bummer when the rest of your friends are talking about it and you can't relate.

8. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    I very rarely go to the movies anymore, partly because its a huge ripoff in most cases and we don't even have an imax/3d theater in our town yet. I hate dealing with people as well, I'm very anti-social, but if I'm super hyped enough for a movie, I will go see it in the theater. Like the new Godzilla? 90% chance I'm going to go see that the weekend it opens, just because..Godzilla, my childhood hero, he deserves that. Honestly, I may be a bad human being for this but I'm lazy so I'll just download the movie and if I like it enough I'll consider buying the bluray or dvd but that's rare. Money has been very sparse the past few years in my household and I'm not going to pay 20-30$ for a copy of a movie I've already seen. I know that probably hurts the movie industry but I don't care very much, I rarely enjoy movies anymore. The industry I try to support with my wallet is the gaming one, steam makes that very easy though.

9. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    It depends. If the movie has some special visual effects such as 3D etc or I'm waiting for the movie eagerly then I go watch it in the theaters. The theaters here are not that expensive and I can afford to go whenever I want to. For all the other movies, I wait for them to come on tv to watch them.

10. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I find a movie according to my mood or to what I want to feel. If I want to feel sad or if I am feeling like it, then I would search for the movies that are saddening. I find it weird that I tend to emphasize the emotions that I feel. Instead that I escape from them, I feel them. Another way is that by watching trailers. If I liked the trailer, then I would watch the movie.

11. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    These days i only pay for a movie ticket if it's a 3D movie that is extremely good, the kind where everyone can't shut up about it otherwise i won't bother spending money on movie tickets. Nowadays we have unlimited access to movies online and even the new ones so why not take advantage of the internet and the free access we have. That's what i do and most people i know.

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm patient enough to wait for the movie to be released on DVD. But that's not when I buy that "new" movie. I wait a little longer until those who bought the DVDs decide to sell them. Buying used DVDs always saves me a lot of money. But I've got other reasons why I'd rather buy the DVD. I get to keep the physical copy which I can swap with other movie buffs to get me more movies to watch. It's like killing 50 birds with one stone.

13. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I have kind of lost interest in the movie theater viewing concept. I find it annoying with the crowds and uncomfortable seats. Since there are big screen HD TVs and you can download any new movie through so many different services, I would rather just watch a new movie in the comfort of my own home in my PJs.

14. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    Due to the high price to watch films in the theaters nowadays, it is not feasible to watch every movie which interests you at the cinemas. Generally, the cinemas are reserved for films which would benefit a lot from watching it on the big screen such as Interstellar, or as part of a gathering with friends. This is relatively infrequent, which saves quite a bit of money in the long run. Other good films which are more plot focused rather than visual will tend to be watched on DVD when it is available.

15. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    I watch new movies at home on cable television and there are also certain times when I'll watch one on YouTube. Once in a while I will go to a movie theatre but it's been a long time since I've been. Another thing I have done before is rent some movies and also buying them at a store. I prefer watching movies at home but I don't mind going to the theatre with friends every now and then.

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Here, you get many types of cinemas in terms of price and quality, so I tend to watch movies that I know won't have lots of action at the cheap theaters since I know I don't need great sound effects and visuals. I think that is the best way for cinemas to go on since it would be impractical to expect them all to become cheaper. It's best to have choice.

17. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually prefer to download them and watch. I think it is one of the best way of watching. I think it is quite great that you get to watch movies for doing nothing actually.

18. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    If I want to see something really bad I will go out to the movies to see it opening day. Other than that I will either wait until it comes out on DVD or just not watch it at all. The only time that I can say that I would look for somthing to stream online is if it was an indie that might not be playing in a movie theater near me.