How do you work out?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by kate23 • Oct 7, 2012.

1. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I prefer to go to the gym because I find the social atmosphere motivating as strange as that may sound. If the weather is nice, jogging is always good but I can't stand to do it when it's hot or cold. Has to be that perfect in between weather!

2. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I usually like to stick to a dvd program and do some additional yoga & cardio, outside of the schedule. I haven't finished a full cycle yet but I really like p90x. It is quite challenging but I still like to include some extra walking. I also find yoga is extremely helpful, also for my mental health.

3. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    Household chores keeps me going. I also go for Zumba once a week and I walk 30 mins every afternoon. I am overweight so Ive got to lose weight. I have lost 8 lbs so far so that keeps me motivated more to lose.

4. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I workout on the punch bag and a multi gym I have in a spare room. It's not necessarily exercise that determines your overall health. Your diet plays just as an important role in being healthy and fit, too.

My diet used to be pretty strict when I first started working out but it's more diverse now. I try to eat different things all the time so I don't get bored and stuck in a routine.

5. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I have been trying to get my body use to working out and doing more activities. Since my husband and I both need to get healthy he feels more comfortable working out at home. He still doesn't really work out with me, but I work out using our On Demand through our Cable Service and do a 10 minute workout or I would walk up and down the stairs. I have just learned something new to me, it would be walking while watching TV, and that has worked for me! Its simple, easy and I can be entertained while doing something I do not like.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've been wanting to get to the gym again....I find it's a little more motivating, gets me out, etc. I do like to exercise outside a lot, too. Just anything to stay active.

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently started a new workout program called the insanity program. It is a 60-day challenge and the workouts are very intense. I have already noticed changes to my body and I am only 6-days into the program.

8. Seymour

SeymourNew Member

Threads:
    I go for outdoor cardio workouts and do these workouts in my routine training which I started last month for the weight control purposes. These days I am doing jogging, running, and swimming. I have lose 15 pounds through these cardio workouts.

#28May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
  9. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I can definitely relate to this because when the summertime hits I always take out my tennis rackets and my basketball and soccer ball. This is the time my cousins come over and we all go to the park which is why I can't imagine working out even more because I get my exercise through playing sports the majority of the time.

10. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I like to switch up the ways I exercise to avoid getting bored. I enjoy exercising to videos at home. Sometimes I like to workout outside. I like to go walking, bicycle riding, skating, etc. Sometimes I enjoy going to the gym to exercise. I enjoy the gym to lift weights and use the treadmill. I also like to take advantage of using the personal trainers at the gym. Having a personal trainer helps keep me motivated.

11. JenVarsity

JenVarsityMember

Threads:
    Working out is important in order to stay healthy.

Just becuase a person is a healthy weight, BMI, muscle mass, bone mass, fat content etc, does not mean that they do not have to exercise. For example, I recently found out my resting heart rate is too high. This causes concerns related to the strength of the valves near my heart and whether or not they are opening/closing on time or if my heart is strong enough to continue pumping blood throughout my body. I am 27 years old, 5' 3", my BMI is 16%, my muscle is 53%, bone weight is 4.4lbs, and I weigh 106lbs. On the outside it appears as if my daily activiites should be enough to keep me going...sure, but for how long?

A few months back I started the INSANITY program...now that I do almost an hour workout every day, my body is craving more. I have cut out junk food, soda, unhealthy foods. It was hard, but the amount of energy I have when I stick to this program is noticable.

It is important to continue a workout regime even if you are healthy.

12. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    While gyms have a lot of advantages, one of them being the trainers that accompany you through your goals on getting fit, i think i can go well enough without them. I only get my work out to maintain some healthy portion of life, i don't want to get all fit and stuff, i don't have a life for that.

13. twistedyees87

twistedyees87New Member

Threads:
    I try to do a alot of things so I do not get bored and keep my body guessing. I run a few times a week and also do interval training a few times a week. With that combination, I also try to do weights a few times a week as well. Doing all 3 things and eating healthy has worked to transform my body and confidence.

14. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    I go to the gym twice a week, but it's mostly just an excuse to get out of the house. I usually just do the treadmill for about 20 minutes and then some of the nautilus machines. I definitely work out harder at home. Probably because I'm not afraid of looking silly at home by myself :). I mix it up with different DVDs and I have found a lot of great workouts online.

15. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I work from home, so having the time to exercise is something that I struggle with a lot. Because I don't have to travel to get to work, I don't even have the chance of walking some or all of my commute. Instead, I have bought an exercise bike with a desk attached to it so that I can do my work and exercise at the same time. The best thing about it is the fact that not only am I exercising, but I have also saved a lot of money thanks to the fact that I don't have to pay for a gym membership either.

16. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    And that's the best way to get exercise. Gyms are completely unnecessary and unnatural in my opinion. Such a waste of money.. but if it's the only way to get someone off their butts, so be it. I can't stand the industry though.. it should be regulated more.

17. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    I have a little home work out routine that I enjoy doing. Running isn't my favorite, but when I want to lose some serious weight I opt for that >.<

18. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I play table tennis. Sometimes i walk and jog in a park. I also do Zumba. I just do any of those few time a week. I don't go to the gym. I also have a treadmill, but I seldom use it.

19. steisehodgson

steisehodgsonMember

Threads:
    I like to start my day with yoga, or some form of stretching. After that I either do a cardio workout or a strength workout, depending on what mood I'm in haha. If I do a cardio workout I like to go for long runs/bike rides before coming home and stretching out again properly. If I chose to do a strength workout I either go to the gym or watch a workout video on youtube and follow along with it :)

20. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I workout in the gym. I can't workout at home, I get too lazy. I also can't workout outside (although I would love to run in a park), because I live in a very big city and it might be dangerous.
    I like working out at the gym, though. I found one I really like and I have been going more regularly.