How Does Amazon Do It?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Rosyrain • Jul 7, 2016.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I purchased a headset for my son for his birthday a couple of months ago and not even a month later, the microphone broke off of it. I called Amazon and explained the situation and said I needed to exchange the item. It was not an Amazon direct order item, it was through one of their vendors. They processed my exchange and was able to deliver a new one to my house that same day from another state. That was awesome customer service!

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's their reputation that's on the line when customers aren't satisfied with anything they buy from the site. They could fix the issue themselves and deal with the seller themselves. They offer 100% purchase protection which is great.
    That's why almost everyone loves shopping at Amazon.

3. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    @Denis Hard@Denis Hard yes, that's why I love them too! However, I wished they didn't go up on the amount needed for free shipping, but I still love them! Jet.com is also a good place and I highly enjoy them too, just need more products to be able to fully compete with Amazon.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am pleased with Amazon as they have the best customer service I have ever had. I do not like it when companies try to talk you out of returning an item or make you feel like you are doing something wrong by doing it. In this case, it was just an exchange, but they were so helpful and I give them an A+ rating for sure.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Theirs was a smart move to force more of their customers to start paying for Amazon prime. For someone who buys a lot of stuff from Amazon prime membership certainly can save them a substantial amount of money on shipping but for everyone else who doesn't Amazon prime membership isn't worth it. Right now it's better to wait and buy everything you need at once so by spending more than $49 you still get free shipping.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    You're lucky as our local version of this store only accepts returns half a month after the purchase and even then they make it very clear that you need a very good reason to return the item because if not they won't accept it. I think Amazon is able to do this because they make good terms with their sellers and that the vendors also probably realize that the brand name of the company they are selling for being kept clean is much better for them in the long run than just a returned item.