How does Ebay's Paypal payment method work?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by pandandesign • Jan 6, 2014.

1. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I have a few items I would like to purchase through eBay, however, since I don't have a credit card or debit card, I won't be able to select the card payment method. I have a Paypay account, which connects to my bank account. I wonder if I click the Paypal payment method, does Ebay take the money through my Paypal account in which I have the fund to pay for the items or do I require to have a credit or debit card but pay the items using Paypal?

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure about that but I have a Paypal account without having a card. What happens each time is, after I checkout with the item. I select payment with Paypal and it will automatically deduct the amount from my Paypal account balance.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Paypal automatically deducts the money from your Paypal balance, so you really don't need to have a debit or credit card to be able to purchase items. But if you're not a verified user, then you have a spending limit, but based on your post I assume you're already verified, since you said it was already connected to your bank account.

4. adik1767

adik1767New Member

Threads:
    On Ebay you only could pay through PayPal. For sellers is the same - they received your money in their PayPal account.

5. qaximor

qaximorNew Member

Threads:
    If your paypal account is connected to your Debit Card and I think Bank account it directly takes you to the paypal log in page where you log in and then confirm the purchase and they will automatically deduct the money from your bank account if you gave them the authorization to do so. Which I think you did when you connected your bank account when you created it. If it says your account is verified then I guess you are good to do and buy some stuff from ebay!

6. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I do not use a Paypal debit card but I always use PayPal as a means of payment for my ebay purchases. As soon as the item is checked out on ebay, the cost of the bought item is deducted from the PayPal account. Another good thing about using PayPal is that it makes it easier for the sellers to refund the money in case you as the buyer does not receive the item purchased. This will have to go through reporting and opening of cases, but once the issue is resolved, you can get refund very quickly through paypal.