How fast do you eat your food?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by MellowGuy • Sep 17, 2012.

1. Aprax

ApraxMember

Threads:
    Usually pretty fast. I used to take a really long time to eat meals and would often just take like 2 hours to eat one while I did something on the computer, but now I eat my meals immediately.

2. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    It depends on what I'm eating. If I'm eating something rather messy, I want to hurry up and get it over with before I make a big mess all over the place. If I'm eating something really rich and savory, I want to eat it slowly so I can enjoy it more. But for every day eating, I get I eat at a pretty moderate pace. My mom eats really slowly though. In fact going out to eat with her can be a real pain, because we end up waiting for her to finish before we can all leave. But I guess it's better to eat too slowly than too quickly.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really fast, actually. It's a habit I've always had and was never able to change. I eat really fast, I'm often the first person to finish eating. I may even try to go slow at first, but then next thing I know I'm devouring my food and I'm done super fast!

4. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Good question actually. Eating too fast is not all that good for you actually as you aren't giving your body time to digest your food all the way. I've had a bad habit since I was little of eating too fast and not really taking the time to enjoy my food. It's something I've tried to correct over the years even if just to enjoy what I'm eating more.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I take my time when eating [at times]. I chew my food real slowly, though I don't count how many times. If I am in hurry or the food is badly cooked, tastes bad and so on, I eat really fast so I can get it done with.

6. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Oh? I've actually never heard that we should chew 20 times before swallowing. Now that I think about it, I eat rather slow compared to everyone else around me. I like to take my time and of course, chew my food. If I were to guess how many times I would chew my food before I swallowed, then I would say between 10 - 15. Maybe 20 if it's really hard and dry lol

7. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I eat so fast, it's almost embarrassing. I am working on it but I am still accused of inhaling my food and people ask me if I even taste it. I think this comes from elementary school. We had 7 minutes to eat lunch and if we weren't finished when 7 minutes were up we didn't get to go outside and play. I always wanted to play so I would eat super fast.

8. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    I think this is a very good question because it happens very often to hear people complaining about different digestive problems. It doesn't really matters how much time do you spend eating. For example, in about 10-15 minutes I can eat a pretty complex meal, but I always make sure that I'm chewing my food long enough. Doing this, I'm helping my stomach to digest the food much easier, because if the food is not chewed enough then you will have to deal with a digestive disconfort.

9. primaLucid

primaLucidNew Member

Threads:
    I have high metabolism, so I digest my food fairly quickly. As a result, I get hungry pretty easily, so I also eat my food very quickly. Of course, I also digest it quickly, resulting in me gaining very little weight. It's a double edged sword in the sense that I have complete freedom in terms of what I can eat since I don't gain weight, but I am also always thin no matter how much I eat. I don't really like eating food slowly because when a man is hungry, he will eat. And when a hungry man eats, he will scarf it down.

10. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    VERY fast! I'm used to having to eat and run, so I gobble my food pretty fast. Which is a nightmare when you go out to dinner, and all of your friends eat insanely slow. Like, I mean, my one friend won't even be halfway done her meal, and I'll have finished my five minutes ago. My Dad eats extremely fast too, so he gets it.

11. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Not really fast. I'm a pretty slow eater. I really don't know why. Whenever I dine out with some of my friends, they would sometimes complain about how slow I eat. Whenever, they are already done eating, they would just sit there and watch me as I finish my food.