How Fast Is Your Internet?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by Turtletechie • Feb 11, 2015.

1. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    My internet is 5 mbps, and I feel like it's just enough for what I use it. Sure, having faster speeds would make my downloads that much faster, but I only really download the ocassional game.

What I have now is within budget and it does its job well, can't justify paying more with this being the case.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess my country is again behind the latest technology, and our internet speed is only below 10 mbps. I think around 3 to 5 mbps download speed. I think that's decent enough for me and my needs.

3. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Currently rocking it at 500 MBPS. Couldn't be more contented. Files download so fast, and generally everything seems to be a lot smoother than my previous connection of 50 MBPS. It's not all about the speed itself, but it plays an important role. I'm live proof ;)

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not certain how fast my internet is because sadly I have satellite internet which is the only thing we can get out here in the country. It is pretty fast and pretty reliable, I can usually pay videos without it having to buffer but I like to work at home and alot of employers will not allow a satellite internet connection...Just one of the perks of living in he country not! There is a rural broadband initative out there which will probably be passed when I move I am sure lol.

5. GeeCee

GeeCeeMember

Threads:
    My internet is SUPPOSED to be 100mbps, but I rarely get speeds that fast, even though I've had my modem switched out several times in the last few months. I won't say the carrier, but I wouldn't get Time Warner again. Oops, did I say that out loud?

6. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    Depends on which speed are you talking about, in my country we have the best internet in the world, cheap and fast. Generally when I download something my download speed varies from 8 to 12 mbps. If you are referring to the speed of the internet itself, RDS state that they give 1000mbps band to people in my country.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I often get asked which speed my internet is when I take online surveys, or whenever people just happen to be curious about what speed my internet operates on. But I have never actually been told specifically. I just know that it is fairly fast and doesn't have any limits? At least, it doesn't appear to have any limits as far as I am aware.

8. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    I got pretty fast internet and it's decent for what I'm using it for. I just ran a speed test and I have 29.96 mbps download speed. It's quite fast and I'm really satisfied with it. I had speeds slower then that and I immediately started getting annoyed because videos would just constantly buffer and buffer that I actually spent more time waiting for it to load then actually watching.

Before I think I might have had 10mbps and it was so slow because your not always getting that speed. It really depends on your provider if they actually provide it with consistency. Went with Verizon before in my area and the connection just kept freezing all the time. Bugging me so much that I had to switch to another provider that serves my area. Ended up with Comcast. They're a pain in the butt to deal with but at least I haven't had any issues with connection speed. I can feel that it's consistent and not slowing down every 5 seconds.

9. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    I'm at 1 GBPS. :) But the speed itself isn't that great. I don't download 30 GB files in 30 seconds, no, haha. It's actually a lower quality than average broadband, to be honest. I'd actually buy a 50 MBPS package anytime... this one here seems to be a really bad attempt at baiting people to buy something that isn't worthy.

10. Noril Salvo

Noril SalvoNew Member

Threads:
    I usually use my internet and home for my online jobs and for recreational purposes like streaming and downloading videos and such. I'm pretty much satisfied with it eventhough, my internet speed is just a measly 2 mbps. I'm not going to tell you from which side of the world I'm located though. I'm really quite happy with it. It serves its purpose for me.

11. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Pretty fast. If I remember my speeds correctly it's 40 Mbps download and somewhere between 5 and 10 Mbps upload. Not stellar, but it serves our purposes well enough. It really depends on the time of day, however, and I find, perhaps a bit paradoxically, that some of the worst speeds are at night rather than during the day, when the network should be at its most congested. Quite often we'll lose service altogether around 4 or 5 am in the morning, though only for a few minutes.

Don't ask why I'm up at those times.

12. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My download speed is 29.16 mbps and upload speed is 4.79. I just got my new router/modem yesterday, and was meaning to double check the speed, so I'm glad I ran across this thread. I can't remember what my previous speed was, but I know I have it documented somewhere, and I know this is much faster, although I don't think I really need this much speed. I may need it at some point, though, especially if I start streaming all of my television shows and movies, so I'm glad they offered to upgrade the internet speed and replaced the modem/router to do so.

13. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    My internet speed is around 15Mbps which I believe should be generally adequate for household use. I find that this speed has adequately fulfilled my requirements so far, therefore, I will stick that level for now.

14. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our internet connection is bundled with our landline phone although we have an option to have it removed or upgraded. When it was connected, we had a slow access of the internet so we would complain to the phone company and the speed would be faster for a week. It was like a syndrome that can be cured by a call to complain. But when another carrier had laid cables in our area and they were offering big discounts for new connections, our internet suddenly turned for the better. It's been more than 2 years now that we had no problem with our internet. Thanks to the competition.

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, in our household, we have a broadband connection that is very fast. The only time that we have issues with out internet speed, is when the internet is out due to a fault, and we cannot access it, or when the mediums that we are trying to access the internet from is performing in a slow manner. But the internet connection itself is very fast and the price is great.

16. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I pay for 16, but get 5-7. I can't for fibre to arrive here which will be a lot more reliable. I live in a town of almost 60,000 in the UK yet will still don't have fibre everywhere here.

17. yeppeo

yeppeoNew Member

Threads:
    My internet is 10 Mbps but a lot of times the service fails and if one person wants to watch a 720p video, no one else is going to be able to do anything with the internet except have a no connection page. It's kind of crappy but I can't change my service right now because of contract.

18. CasualGoofy

CasualGoofyNew Member

Threads:
    Speedtest.net claim that my internet speed is 73.25/73.4mbps. We use an android tv device to stream movies plus shows, and I game fair amount. There are two laptops, four tablets, and a dish hopper connected to the router. I don't know if 75mbps is excessive or not. But higher speed is really only worth it if you are big on media streaming or a heavy gamer.

19. heavymetalkilos

heavymetalkilosNew Member

Threads:
    My internet connection is nowhere near being fast - in fact, it's one of the slowest connections in Finland! It should be around 60Mbps but it hardly reaches 5. It's frustrating and I've been trying to get rid of the deal but they have the contract for a year which pisses me off. I'm paying for 4G, not for a slow internet connection that makes me frustrated every single day. The funniest part is that I'm only using one device that's connected to the internet so it shouldn't make it slower.

20. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know how fast it is, it is a satellite connection as opposed to broadband, so it is always slower, but it could be worse. Unfortunately for most jobs, it limits how much money I can make, as most will not accept satellite internet, and paying more does not increase speed only data. I would love to have reasonably priced broadband internet.