How frequent do you go shopping for your clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by 003 • May 17, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't frequently shop for new clothes like months or weeks. I think I only shop for them every year, few pieces every year. I am not really particular whether people will see me repeating the clothes I've already worn. What's important for me is I am comfortable and feel like I look good wearing my clothes.

2. Intensity

IntensityNew Member

Threads:
    I used to go out and buy new clothes failry often, but I've stopped mis-behaving so the budget is pretty tight these days. I just make sure to buy good quality clothes that last. I also find taking care of the clothes, washing shirts by hand and letting them dry on a rack is much easier on the materials so I've also not had to go out and buy new clothes because they shrink or have been chewed up in a machine.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't buy clothes often. It's not that I'm primarily concerned with saving money with that. It's just that, there's no point in buying new clothes if you don't need them.

When my clothes are close to getting worn out, I'll get replacements but if they are still OK, I certainly won't get myself new clothes. Were I someone who is into fashion and stuff, maybe things would be a lot different.

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    This is awful, but I only go shopping for clothes about once a year or so. I buy clothes that will last for a while, and I only buy new ones if I've worn some of the old ones to death. Like, they're ratty and so full of holes that there's no use for them except to paint stuff in. I go shopping for shoes even less. I also stick to Kohl's and Wal-Mart for my everyday clothes shopping. I only buy my jeans at Wal-Mart though; they're tops and shirts are awful and look see though half the time. D:

5. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I go shopping for clothing all the time. It is one of my hobbies to find great deals online. I am always stocked up on T-shirts, jeans, and sweaters, etc but I like to invest money in pieces that I just want to have. If I can find a good price on a designer item, I will buy it.

6. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I really care about quality so I only buy high quality materials. Most of my clothes are few years old and they are all still good so I buy one or two new pairs a couple of times a year.

I don't mind spending more a few times a year for clothes that will last longer.

7. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I don't actually go shopping for new clothes, its more like I'm at the mall and if I see something that I really want (while remaining in my budget) then I buy it ^.^' I go to the mall maybe twice a month, but most of the time I come out empty handed. If I've grown out of something, say my pants, then I go hunting for those.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I only buy clothes about 2-3 times a year, and I also buy a few items in between those bulk shopping periods. I enjoy shopping for and wearing nice new clothes, but I also don't mind being seen in the same ones sometimes. It's not that expensive anyway, as long as you know where to buy and which are the best ones to buy, but the cost is still very substantial even with all the savings, so I try not to overdo it. That, and I do get a bit too busy to shop sometimes. Otherwise, I'd love to just be able to buy as much and as often as I want, of course.

9. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    Hmm well I guess that depends on how much money I have lol.. I LOVE thifting cause its just so I do that as much as I can. As far as buying new clothes I think maybe twice every season at about $60 each order ( I like online shopping the best ) But to sum it up I think everyone loves to shop! :)

10. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I very rarely set out to go clothes shopping and when it does happen it's usually for an occasion like a birthday, holiday, or black tie event. But I tend to pick up a new piece of clothing at lease once a week. I figure by taking this slow and steady approach I can build up a wardrobe of well made staple pieces and not drain my checking account.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only shop for new clothes when I really need it or to replace what I got, or if there's a sale. Very seldom that I buy on impulse when I see something that I like. Actually, right now it's been a year since I shopped for clothes, because my uncle just sends me clothes from abroad. The only downside to this is that I don't always like the design or type of clothes that he sends.

12. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    I used to buy a new piece of clothing every other month, but now I rarely buy new clothes. I don't like malls and as I'm not growing any more, I don't need to buy new clothes as often. Buying good quality clothes doesn't hurt either.

That being said, I really should update my wardrobe this summer. Most of my clothes are 1-3 years old and are slowly showing signs of ageing.

13. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    I do the same thing most of the times lol well frankly clothing is not a huge bother for me because its about your liking clothing is fine its a need but going over the top with buying it can be a disturbing thing with the budget so yeah.

14. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not often, because I really can't afford it. I do buy items from time to time when I have the cash or am getting a paricularly good deal. I will defintely need some shorts when it comes to the summer as most of mine have had it...Clothing, like everything else has gone up in price, so I don't often have cash for new clothes.

15. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    Not a big fan of hasty shopping either, but hey, whatever floats your boat! I usually just like to stay inside, as I'm what you guys would call a "freelancer", so I'm required most of the times home, and if I have 3 pairs of jeans to go outside to buy myself some food it's alright. I have those "occasional" clothing and that's it. Why complicate my life? :D

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I purchase clothes as needed, I know longer have a need to shop for clothes as long as I have good clothes for the times I need to go out. I don't really like to shop so I tend to wear my clothes until they are stained or no longer fit.

17. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't really say how often I shop for clothes because there are times that I had no time to go to the mall and there are times that I am always in the mall. From a rough estimate, maybe 3 to 5 times in a year that I buy new clothes but mostly formal clothes for my office wear. That doesn't include my shopping when I go on trips abroad.

18. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I do not buy new clothes that much anymore as there is a really nice thrift shop where I live and I can find some excellent deals on used clothes there. I would say that I go clothes shopping about once every 4-5 months, and go clothes shopping at the thrift store about once a month. I do not buy a lot of clothes when I go shopping because money is tight right now, I normally buy what I need and that is it.

19. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I go through phases where I go shopping all the time, several times a week for about a month. I'll buy new jeans, t-shirts, tops, sweaters. Lately I've been on a boot shopping spree. I look at them online and try to find them in the store to try on. If I like the way the fit then I'll wait for the boots to go on sale and buy them online. Then I feel quite guilty and stop spending, this goes on for a few months and by then it's a new season so I'll head out to my favourite stores. I love a good deal so I'm always looking for end of season clothing.

20. SternAlly

SternAllyNew Member

Threads:
    I'm used to shop at least one time a month, but some seasons I can live without shopping at all and don't feel myself bad about this