How important are Sports in our life?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Adryan • Mar 27, 2014.

1. Adryan

AdryanMember

Threads:
    Want to your views on this Question.:)

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sports are really important if we want to be healthy so I am trying to introduce more sports activity in my routine.

As for watching sports, I love to, especially football, is my favorite sport.

3. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Sports are important as the food that we eat. Sports help keep us in shape with weight and our hearts. Sport helps us burn off fat and gives us great energy which produces positive attitudes and confidence in helping others if you are a sport player. Others see how great your looking or doing and this motivates other to do the same. Im speaking from experience cause that where I go my motivation from watching others in sports.

4. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    Sports have been a huge part of my life. Not just because I enjoyed playing them but because they made me the person I am today. Sports teach us how to be disciplined and not give up when things are hard. I can't imagine what my life would be like if I didn't play sports.

5. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I used to play a lot of sports but I have no one to play with now. Tennis was my favorite and it would be nice to have a ball machine so I could play alone, but they're not very affordable. It's a difficult sport to play consistently because it's not like basketball where you can just buy a hoop to keep at your house. The cheapest option is hitting the ball against any wall you find.

6. Adryan

AdryanMember

Threads:
    Thank you for your posts. Would like more views on this!!:D

7. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    Sports are very important in my life.

I love sports. I have loved them ever since i was kid. Sports play a major role in my everyday life. Sportscenter is the last, and first thing i watch everyday. I am always checking my favorite sports websites throughout the day.

My life would be extremely boring without sports. Sports bring me great joy.

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sport is right on the bottom on the list of what is important to me. I like to exercise and stay fit, but I wouldn't exactly say that my regular routine is actually sport related. But then I might be wrong. I simply like to walk and swim at my own pace. I ride my bike for pleasure and I practice yoga. I don't like any competitive types of sport. I find that athletes are pushed too hard and wonder whether all that money is worth it. Their bodies get worn out quickly and they have to retire at an early age, living for the rest of their life with injuries.

9. David Scott

David ScottNew Member

Threads:
    Aside from the obvious health benefits I think sports teach us a lot about ourselves and how we interact with others. When I need some time to think and just spend some time with myself I will go and have a round of golf. If I want to be a part of something bigger than me I will go to a football match and when I want a hit of adrenaline I will head out to the drag strip and race my car.

Recently I took up Taekwon-do again after a long spell because my son was interested in learning how to fight like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. There is a Dojang not far from home so I took him along to see if he would like it. We have been going for several months now and the difference in his confidence, respect and manners is amazing. Its a great father-son bonding activity and we are keeping fit whilst doing it. Not to mention the self defense we are learning as well.