How important sleeping is too you?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by 003 • May 6, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I find that when I am sleeping I am wasting time. There are a lot of things that I want to do. And my day with my 6-8 hours of sleeping is really not enough. I sometimes skip sleeping just to keep up with my responsibilities and hobbies. But this is not efficient as I end up more exhausted and tend to sleep more than twice long of my regular sleeping hours. And after that I feel groggy all the day, making me just unproductive. So now, I really value my sleep and prioritize it. It couldn't go out of the list of what I am should do for the day.

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Oh no, I could never skip my sleep, I love it too much! In fact I even stop work during the afternoon so I can have an hour nap. :) I don't think you should skip it, it will just make you sick and then you won't be able to do ANYTHING.

3. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always needed to sleep 7-8 hours per day, but recently I've started to sleep 6-7 and this happened naturally and I don't feel tired during the day. I wonder if this is because I am getting older and my sleeping needs are getting smaller?

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Then it appears like I'm the luckiest guy here. Ever since I was 9 or thereabouts I couldn't sleep for more than 5 hours. As I grew older the number of hours I could sleep kept on decreasing. These days, the best I can do is an hour or two and my body is used to that. Even it I was to stay up all night long, I wouldn't feel tired during the day.

So to some people sleep is important but for others, not that important even though science disagrees.

5. Loyal

LoyalBanned

Threads:
    I used to get good sleep for 8 hours a night but recently I been so busy and occupied with other things that I only get 4 hours of sleep a night now. If I'm lucky I would get 5 but sometimes I only shut my eyes for 2 hours! OMG! It's not good for your brain at all so I really try to take naps now a days to supplement for my loss of sleep at night. 30/1 hr nap here and there seems to do the trick. If I sleep I would be broke. I need to make money to survive!

6. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Sleep is very important for me! I usually manage to get about 6 to 8 hours of sleep, if I have work then next day. It's kinda of annoying, cause I'm one of those strange people who doesn't feel rested unless she gets a crazy amount of sleep, like 10 hours. So I'm always tired when working. I try to get as much sleep as I can, but having such a busy schedule does not help matters.

7. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I would rather skip a meal than skip a good nights sleep. Sleep is very important to me, especially because I work for almost 15 hours a day. I get as much as 8-9 hours everyday but on busy days I get only about 5-6 and on those occasions I make sure I get to doze off a bit during breaks.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sleeping is obviously very important to me. However, I do wish I could get away with sleeping less than I do without being tired.I'm I was feeling tired, even when I sleep 8 hours night. I usually sleep from 6 to 7 hours and I am ok the next morning, however if I sleep anything less than that I look like a zombie and feel like a sloth all day. I wish I could sleep 5 to 6 hours every night and be energetic the next morning. I do agree with you at sleeping too much is wasting, and time is precious!

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My sleep is also very important to me, I noticed that if I get less then 8 hours of sleep, then once my back gets to lean on anything then I fall asleep withing 10 minutes of being idle in mind and in body. I love to sleep and I actually will never wake up unless I really have to, that's how important I regard my sleep.

10. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    Sleep is extremely important to me. Although I do not sleep as much as I did a year ago, I still feel it is important to get a least six hours of sleep a night. I seem to have a better day if I get a good nights sleep. My health seems to also be affected when I do not get enough sleep.

11. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't skip my nightly sleep for anything, If I don't have at least 6 hours I'm completely non-functional the following day :)
    If possible I try to get a few more hours but unfortunately I'm only able to get away with that on the weekend.

12. LO0715

LO0715New Member

Threads:
    Sleep is very important to me, but being that I suffer from insomnia, I rarely ever sleep longer than 4 hours. I try my best to force myself back to sleep and when it works, I absolutely LOVE it! I always feel so refreshed if I am able to sleep at least 6 hours. I wake up more energized and feel like I can conquer anything that comes my way on those days. But since my body is used to the routine schedule of 4 hours, I don't really drag through the day as many who are not used to sleeping that little do. :)

13. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sleep is such a waste of time. You are right that there are so many other things that we could be doing. I wish I only needed to sleep like an hour then I wouldn't mind it so much. Every night I sleep about 8 hours and sometimes it takes me so long to get to sleep. I hate it. I was born to fight sleep but at least it has improved for a while. I just wish that it could be like that every night.
    There was one night where I only slept 6 and was fine. I am sure it was because I actually fell into REM. I think that is why most of the time I don't dream. I even used the sleep cycle app a few times and it has shown that my sleep is pretty light.

14. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I'd rather be up and doing stuff but as I get older I am starting to realize how important sleep is. I have a harder time concentrating at work and really feel crappy, lethargic and headachey if I don't get at least 6.5 hours. I also noticed I look much better when I get about 6 hours of sleep per night, so now sleep is my new inexpensive beauty treatment.

15. brandeis

brandeisNew Member

Threads:
    Oh! My Gosh! No way i could not skip my sleep because i love my sleeping time so much. May be i would skip my meal but sleep time never.

16. Gloryontheway

GloryonthewayNew Member

Threads:
    I would be a totally different person if I am not able to get at least 5 hours of sleep. I would be very cranky and quiet. The more sleep that I get, the better I feel. Sleep is a great medication to me. Sleep is highly recommended. I am happy and upbeat and energized with 9 hours of sleep. Must get sleep to be the best that you can be.

#16May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  17. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Sleeping is absolutely vital to me. I can not function or think without enough sleep and if I am exhausted for too long pretty soon nothing seems to matter in life besides getting sleep and I totally lose motivation to do anything, even things I really need to do.

18. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I don't get enough sleep in my opinion. I prefer 7.5 - 8 hours, but sometimes, I'm about an hour or two short and I feel it. If you really want the time to do all of your activities, then you need to go to sleep for about seven hours and schedule yourself to sleep at a time that will let you stay up late enough to tie up a few things and also get up early enough to get a start on your day. It's easier than you think it is once you put yourself on a strict sleep schedule.

19. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sleep is medicine. After all, the body and mind need rest to regenerate. Often when I am feeling a little down, I can attribute it directly to not getting enough sleep. I often have to deal with very challenging situations in my life, but if I can't sleep enough in between, I find it very difficult to cope with every day demands. I usually need 8 hours of sleep to fire on all cylinders. Naturally, I can't always sleep uninterrupted for that amount of time, but I try to make up for the lost sleeping time during the day.

20. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    sleep is very important to me, especially as a new mom whose daughter likes to keep me up all night. I also have apnea - so even if I get a decent amount of sleep -- I very very rarely ever feel completely rested. Unfortunately this leaves me sluggish and groggy throughout the day and does not leave me with much energy for keeping up with my baby girl.