How Long Can You Wait?

Discussion in Shipping Services started by gracer • Feb 14, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    When buying things online, we sometimes can't avoid delays in the shipment of our orders especially if it comes from another side of the world. I've been looking at reviews on some shopping sites and some of the complaints I see on the comments section are the delays when it comes to delivery.

What are your experiences when it comes to the shipment of your ordered items? How long can you wait for your items and when do you decide to ask for refunds? Do you often experience delays?

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I will wait a long time if I REALLY have too, as I have no choice in the event of shipment delays. But I don't like to, as I assume is similar with anybody else. The longest that I have ever had to wait for an item that I ordered was nineteen days, and that is not including weekends. I hated every moment of it. I had gotten very impatient towards the end and then the item finally showed up. It taught me to be more aware of where I was ordering from.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just make sure I don't buy what I NEED from across the world unless I'm ready to wait it out. Otherwise, not too bothered by it anymore. We're very pampered these days, whether we want to admit it or not. We hardly have to wait for anything. I'd hate to see us shipped back in time; see how we cope then lol. I'm sure we'd all die of frustration when the trip takes too long though ;)

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate waiting in general. I can be terribly impatient, and it appears to be getting worse as I grow older. No patience for the bullshit lol. But even in saying that, there is a thrill that I get in waiting for an item that I have ordered online to be delivered. Like, is it going to arrive today, or today? Lol. The last few times I have just known which days it was going to arrive, and the item has arrived on that day. I felt the energy, and my sensor was on point.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always get most of the things I buy online within two weeks. Most of the time it takes under a week but 14 days is the limit of my patience. Since most of the stuff I buy is always cheaper when bought at home, I've never bought something from another country. If I did I suppose I would be willing to wait a little longer but no more than one month.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I likewise don't want to wait for more than 2 weeks if possible. Many people receive their items after a month. Others after a year - which is beyond horrible. My brother ordered a scar-reducing ointment from Ebay but it took about 6 months to arrive in our country. Worse, when we looked at the expiry date, the item has long since expired (around 5 months before it arrived)!

7. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I could just imagine the disappointment your brother felt upon learning that the item he had waited so long to receive has actually expired along the way. He's very patient to have waited that long and haven't thought of demanding for a refund instead. Was he able to contact the seller again while waiting and after receiving his order?

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I am shopping online one of the things I look at is the length of time to receive an item, if it is much longer than I am willing to wait I will look for an alternative item. My first choice is local but I will wait up to 10 days any longer and I don't want the item.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These days you can track your shipment, but I would say two weeks is a normal time to wait. If I haven't heard anything like a delay or anything then I would contact them. Most companies will update people, and when they haven't that's when I get nervous. I do check the status as I have had items delivered and stolen because the carrier left them outside (one was a laptop).

Recently I had to wait 10 days for an order to be processed and I was not happy about that. They delivered within 24 hours though, but not hearing anything for over a week was not professional as far as I am concerned.

10. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Ouch! That is one hurtful blow on your pocket. :( I mean, maybe the damage could have been a little lower if the product which was stolen was something cheaper than a laptop. Carriers really need to improve their services too because they're handling other people's stuff which could be a very important thing for the sender or the receiver.

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate waiting for more than two weeks too. That was one thing that was nice about ordering my Kindle fire. It came before it was expected so that was one thing I was happy about and grateful for. It is always good when things come before they are expected. I think it is one of the best things about ordering items online. To be able to have them in your hand before you are expecting them is something that is really helpful.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can wait for up to a month or 2 because that has happened already to me, and since I always buy from Chinese sellers in Ebay, the items arrive ranging from 2 weeks to 1 month at the norm. I remember buying some items and they were shipped a month later! Good thing I was patient!

13. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    If I know I will be buying from half way across the world, then I don't wait until the last minute to order. Even if there are no problems with shipping, simply because it it coming from half away across the world, it will take time. When I buy from far away like China, I make sure it is not the holiday season. Mail men don't deliver on holidays. Plus, this tends to be the time packages are at most risk of being stolen.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The most I've had to wait was when I had to return certain items during holiday shopping and the replacements took a very long time to get to me, as they arrived way past the holidays because they had to take a break. This was the only time I felt frustrated because the items weren't for me and instead gifts for others. If the items were for me I can wait a very long time especially since I'd only have to pay for the items once they get here so I don't feel like my money is being held hostage, but if I'm buying them as gifts I am a lot more impatient.

15. venusflytrap

venusflytrapMember

Threads:
    I've stopped buying things on ebay as, recently, I had nothing but trouble with delays. I ordered some handmade jewelry from India three months before Christmas with the intention of giving it as a Christmas present to a friend, but the jewelry didn't arrive until mid January, despite of the seller assuring me that the shipment wouldn't take any longer than a month. I almost gave up on receiving the jewelry. In fact, I had already written it off as a loss. Another separate disappointment was that the jewelry was badly put together. The stones weren't set properly but glued into their settings.
    A similar story happened with a book that I ordered on ebay from the USA. it was supposed to arrive in two weeks but it took 5 weeks instead.

16. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I think one of the things that's really disappointing when shopping online is the delayed shipments of items. It's even more annoying if the seller promises a specific time frame for the shipment but they end up arriving way more than the time frame mentioned. I think it's better for sellers to mention a longer estimated time frame so when they arrive earlier, it would be a plus factor for them because of customer satisfaction when it comes to shipment expectations.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Blaming the company for something that is beyond their control is rather silly. Once it leaves their hands, they have no control over the shipping company that has your item. For the most part, you're told how long it will take anyway.. if there are issues, place blame where it belongs. Or grow some patience lol, these things happen.

18. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it's something for my shop, I'll often order as soon as I realize I'll be needing the item, since I anticipate a long wait, because I sometimes purchase from international sellers. If it's something for me, as with my recent Roku purchase, I am all over that baby, tracking shipping multiple times a day, because I'm excited about getting the item. Many times, with the international purchases, they don't include tracking, unless the buyer specifically requests it and pays for it, so I just check periodically to see how long it's been. I've actually only had a few items not show up, and eBay has reimbursed me in both of those instances.

19. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I normally do not buy things overseas unless it is a real specialty item and then I just make sure it is a highly reputable site. I am willing to wait longer if it is an item that has to go through customs and things like that. I do not think I would be willing to wait longer than 3 weeks though. Most items I order are from the US and it only takes about a week for the item to arrive to me.

20. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    It takes just about 30 days to reach the items in my address when I buy thing from ebay. Amazon does not ship most of the items to my country, thus, I have never made a purchase of physical goods on Amazon. When I buy from local shoppin site, the product reaches me the same day because I live in the same city where the store is located. If I have to wait longer than 30 days, it will get to my nerves.