How Long Do You Usually Charge Your Cellphone?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by sidney • Mar 24, 2013.

1. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    It will depend on the power storage of your battery. For example if you have a battery of 2000 mah, chance are you will have to charge it for 4-6 hours. The usual battery would be fully charged after 6 hours while some modern phone would require the whole night for it to be fulled.

2. dowdyrich

dowdyrichNew Member

Threads:
    I try to conserve my battery whenever possible by turning off location services, changing email push options, etc. But luckily the phone I have now is able to last at least 6-8 hours with heavy use. And it only takes 45 mins to an hour to charge. But I will say that I miss the ability to have a spare battery for those times I am not able to charge.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My phone takes only a few hours to charge. I only need to charge it once a week. I don't overuse it. I just make calls and text.

I would have your phone's battery tested. It seems usual for your battery to drain so quickly.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I checked my batteries and they have 950 and 930 mAh, the 950 one charges for 2 and a half hours but the 930 one charges for 4 hours. Is that the normal charging time for those 2 batteries? I'm not talking about the initial charging, I'm referring to the usual charging time already.

5. Khronic

KhronicNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer to leave it on all night. I know that this ruins the battery but I really can't be bother to try and keep it charged throughout the day. Since I need my phone for an alarm I can't have it die through the night. I know that it's bad but it can't be helped. This practice has lead to a noticeably shorter battery life but I don't mind.

6. fourmatic

fourmaticMember

Threads:
    I know its not the most thrifty thing to do, but I usually plug my phone in every 3rd night or so and sleep while it charges next to my bed. I have an iphone5 and the battery life is pretty good if you don't run every app you have on the phone at once. In a perfect world I would charge it while I'm on my computer and unplug it from the wall right after its charged.

7. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I try not to overcharge my phone because it might blow up my battery and could cause further damage to it. It happened to one of of my friends so now he has to buy a new battery. I make sure to alarm it and set it when it can indicate that the battery is already full. :)

8. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I only charge my phone it the battery completely dies, or when i am about to go on a long trip, which is rare. And then it usually just takes 2 hours.

9. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I put my phone on charge when I go to bed and leave it on charge until I wake up in the morning. It fully charges and lasts me for the rest of the day. :)

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have overcharged my past and present cellphones lots of times before, but I have never experienced a similar incident. What brand of cellphone does your friend use so that I can avoid buying that brand?

11. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    Most people say never charged your phone when it is not fully drained so the battery will last long.

I have never read my phones manual but I do charge my phone when it is already completely drained and wait to be fully charged again.

12. mbarrett

mbarrettNew Member

Threads:
    I always try to charge my phone overnight for at least 6 hours. This gives it enough time to reach the 100% mark. I have a smartphone so it loses power very quickly while doing intensive tasks like using apps or the internet. If I forget to plug in my phone, I have to bring my charger with me to recharge where I can. It's one of the downfalls of owning a smartphone, but the many uses of the phone make up for it.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I charge mine about 2 or more hours daily. I don't know if 4 hours is normal for charging time, that does seem a bit long. If I were you, I'd contact the seller and ask about it, and if not, I'd contact the manufacturer, especially since it's still new.

14. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think that is normal at all I charge my phone for about an hour maybe two depending on how low it is and my phone stays charge even with me listening to music on it for at least 4 hours you might have a bad battery

15. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I am not really sure how long I charge mine for. I only charge it once a year because I do not use it very much. I think it takes about half an hour but I could be wrong. It might be longer than that. After a year, the battery is fairly close to empty even though I do not use my phone much.

16. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to keep my cellphone on its charger when it isn't in use. This will include charging it over night. Yes, usually the battery is charged up before I take it off its holder, but so far I have yet to have a battery issue with my cellphone while it in use. So, this seems to work quite well with keeping my cellphone properly charged. However, my cellphone isn't a a smart phone so I don't know how long one of those would take to be properly charged.

17. kidensika

kidensikaNew Member

Threads:
    I normally charge my phone at night when im sleeping so that in the morning i wake up to a fully charged battery. I do find that most of the times my phone battery begins to deteriorate. From about 12 hours on intensive use to maybe 4 to 6 hours. That is from a new phone that can go half the day to a used phone that will only go a few hours. I have heard that the Motorola droid razr has a battery that will last up to 32 hours of intensive use. I would love to have a phone that can go that long.

18. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an Android now so I might as well keep it plugged in at all times. And I hardly use it! Terrible battery life. I miss my Blackberry :(

19. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I charge my phones when it completely runs out of battery, or if I have one bar left. The battery on my 3 year phone has significantly dropped. After charging to full battery, it only lasts 8 hours or so. I think it's time for me to get a new phone.

20. Teddysean

TeddyseanNew Member

Threads:
    Usually I stick my phone in the charger every night, all night, and it stays charged throughout the next day. It depends how much i use my phone that day though, sometimes ill charge twice throughout the day.