How Long Do You Usually Charge Your Cellphone?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by sidney • Mar 24, 2013.

1. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    I charge my phone about twice a day. I generally use my phone heavily for social networks and keeping in touch. I also like to use my phone to browse the web to check on news and emails. Sometimes i use it as a portable wifi hotspot and that takes a whole lot of battery. So im generally on charge quite a bit.

2. Albern

AlbernBanned

Threads:
    It depends on the phone and also charger.. because my last phone was Nokia brand and that was charged in 2-3 hours completely and now I have HTC phone which need mostly 5-7 hours for completely charged.. So I think its varies from phone to phone.. But mostly need 3-5 hours for getting full charged. Well today the wireless technology is also available in market for charge you phone without wire. Anybody know something about that?

3. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    It all depends on the usage of your smart phone, However you should charge your phone for 2 hours preferably with the phone switched off, this method increases the battery life. Well there is one information I would like to share which is very important, Often people keep their cellular devices switched on for a long period of time; it is recommended you should restart your phone at least one time a day because your phone needs to flush out unwanted files that are stores when you are surfing the web. This process increases the performance of your smart phone! Try it you will see the outcome for yourselves. :)

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good point, I have used only Nokia and Sony Ericsson phones, and I always notice that they just abruptly restart when I'm surfing the net, so they probably were automatically clearing out the cache.

5. CyrusTantor

CyrusTantorBanned

Threads:
    About an hour and I charge it just once a day.

6. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I think I charge my cell phone for 2-3 hours. If I'm not playing game or surfing in my cell phone, I charge it once a day. If I'm using it for a long time. I charge it twice.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see, so if you guys only charge your phone for an hour, then do you guys use a smartphone or a regular phone?

8. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I usually charge my cellphone until it gets 100% full. I have heard that's not the proper way to charge a cellphone. The best way to charge a cellphone is to charge the phone only to between 50 to 80%, then take the phone charger off the phone. Another thing is use the phone all the way until the phone shuts down by itself, then start to charge the phone. Do at least one cycle each month in order to let the phone reset its memory by itself.

9. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    It think its normal to charge a phone up to 4 hours. Mine even exceeds to 4. It last for 2 days though so i guess its still good. When I travel I just charge it along in the car and even if I charge it half an hour its still enough for the day.

10. DaBlink182

DaBlink182New Member

Threads:
    Mine recharges fairly quickly compared to some of the users in this thread. I have an iPhone 4s and it'll usually take about 2 hours to fully charge. Sometimes it's a bit longer, though, for instance when I've really drained the battery with things like music, watching videos or using a lot of 3G internet. It doesn't last for 2 days however, like some people say their phones do. I can stretch it out to 2 days by not using it very often, but I generally don't make it to 2 days.

11. RotBaron

RotBaronNew Member

Threads:
    Like a lot of people here I tend to wait until my cellphone needs the charge before I manage to get it plugged in. I find that so often I am loading music onto it or plugging it into a dock that I don't need to plan out charges. If it's 10 pm at night and my phone is running below 20% I'll plug it in while I'm asleep.