How long does it take you to clean the house?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by brutal37138 • Nov 25, 2013.

1. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    My task tomorrow includes cleaning The House. I'm not exactly enthused, but someone has to do it. So how long does it take you to clean your house? We have a small two bedroom, one bathroom and I figure I've got a good 2-3 hours worth of work tomorrow.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know how much it takes to clean the whole house because I never clean the whole place at once. I will usually clean each room in one day. But taking that it takes me over 1 hour to clean the living room alone, I should say probably around 5 hours.

3. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    PHP:
    It depends what part of the cleaning I will be doing. Speaking of cleaning, let's say I clean my room, toilet, bathroom, kitchen sink, and sweeping the floor, which will take me about 2 to 3 hours to complete. I don't clean the whole house, if so, then it will take me about half day to finish.

4. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I usually block off a whole afternoon to do some thorough cleaning. I would recommend just tackling one room or area at a time. The key is to take breaks when you need to as well. Put on some good music, dress casual, and get to it!

5. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I don't clean the whole house, usually I just vacuum it and this might take me around one hour when it's done in detail. My wife has to dust because I have big allergies and cleaning the kitchen and WC are other parts of the plan, we might do it in the same day or not.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't clean the whole house at one time. I plan the work that needs to be done and do some at least an hour everyday to get the job done without spending a whole lot of time cleaning. The bathroom and kitchen are rooms that are cleaned daily.

7. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    It usually takes me 2-3 hours to clean my house. I live alone and I usually try to keep things organized and clean.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since i despise large clean-ups, I tend to just clean up after myself as needed. If I dirty a dish, I clean it (some things just go straight to the dishwasher), if I drop something, I pick it up. If I use something, I put it away. We vacuum and sweep as needed etc. Our house never gets to the point that it needs a "cleaning day" because everyone does their part right when it's needed. MUCH easier to live this way and fair to all.

9. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    It usually takes me 3 or 4 hours, with most of the time spent in the bathrooms. Getting a Roomba vacuum was a real time saver, so once I am done with the bathrooms, all I have to do is dust, clean the windows and pick up the odds and ends that add themselves to the clutter.

10. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    Since my apartment is relatively small, it takes me just an hour to clean it. I like things organized so I try to clean at least thrice a week. I clean my bathroom everyday. When I'm taking a bath, I'm cleaning the bathroom as well.

11. Treadlight

TreadlightMember

Threads:
    I can do mine in 2 hours if I'm motivated enough. There's nothing that irritates me more than a messy house, so I usually keep up with it during the week.

12. Cara18

Cara18Member

Threads:
    It ususally takes me a few hours if I do the whole house. It can be really tiring but it needs to get done. So now I just break it up by days. Like I will do the kitchen on Mondays, the bathrooms on Tuesdays, and so on.

13. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    I hate cleaning and that is why I don't do the cleaning by myself. Mostly It is usually done my my mom or my sister which in most occasions do not take them more than two hours. However sometimes I help them in arranging the households to ease the cleaning and that do not take me more than thirty minutes.

14. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Time that takes a whole house or a single room depends on their condition.

A whole house that is cleaned up regularly may take a few hours for a deep cleaning routine, while a single bedroom that is usually a mess on a daily basis cannot be finished within a day.

I have a small loft that includes living, dining, cooking and sleeping areas into a large space. Since sweeping, dusting and putting everything back in place is made on a daily basis, a deep weekly cleaning takes only a couple of hours, and the bathroom is done in less than 15 minutes.

Usually what takes me longer is doing the laundry and washing dishes because I don't have a dishwasher nor a washing/dryer machine.

15. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's a tough question. Well usually I clean each room separately 1-2 times a week, because when I clean, I do a very thorough cleaning. Which means I scrub everything down top to bottom, I sweep, dust, mop, the whole works. It usually takes me about an hour to clean each room other than the kitchen. The kitchen takes me about two hours to clean because I scrub down the fridge and freezer and there are a lot of cabinets to clean out. So... with the kitchen, the living room, the dining room, the bathroom, and the one bedroom, it would take me about six hours if I were to clean it all in one day.

16. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on a few factors. If my house remained orderly throughout the week, I could clean it in an hour. If I was taking my time, stopping here and there to get my groove on to RnB, it'd take me about two hours. And if I were doing a special deep cleaning (like cleaning corners, fan blades, the fridge/freezer, cabinets, and etc), it'd take me a day.

17. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a 3 bedroom two full bath home. I have 3 dogs a cat and two toddlers so my house can get pretty crazy at times. But usually it takes me about 30mins to an hour to clean my house unless it's really really messed up than it takes me about 2 hours.

18. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It usually takes me about half a day, but I'm not in some mad rush, so I take my time. It's usually a Saturday morning routine for me, after which I will "reward" myself with some cocktails and kick back on the couch and throw in a DVD. I'll bum out the rest of the day and just watch TV and not answer my phone.

19. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    I can't keep my house clean. I used to be able to, but a herniated disk has stopped that. At this point, I am looking to buy products that help me clean my house. I am thinking about that automated robot vacuum I keep hearing about. I wish this were like The Jetson's, and that I already had my robot maid! In two or three hours, the house is clean enough. But not where I like it. With 6 kids, it just doesn't stay long.... I need and iNanny, too!

20. tcomfortbl

tcomfortblNew Member

Threads:
    I break my house cleaning up into two separate days! I usually clean my upstairs one of the days and the downstairs the other.