How long does it take you to clean the house?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by brutal37138 • Nov 25, 2013.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Well, considering it takes me about 30 minutes to clean one room in my house. It will probably take me about three hours to clean my house from top to bottom. I would rather do little clean ups here and there throughout the day. That way when it does come time to "clean". Then everything would be in their proper order.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never cleaned our house as a whole, but when I vacuum my room or clean my windows then it usually takes me an hour or more to do it.

3. Treadlight

TreadlightMember

Threads:
    Depending on your definition of clean, anywhere between 10 minutes to 8 hours. :)

I think 3 hours should do it. Our house isn't that big but it gets dusty pretty quick. We're not really home a lot on the weekdays so it doesn't get all that dirty.

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    It usually takes me about 2 hours to clean my house cause I take all kinda breaks. The phone is a total distraction. I usually get through fast if I turn on my favorite music where it keeps me moving and dancing. I love when it time to clean house I have to do it on a off day. So when I do I like to enjoy it cause I love the smell of a fresh clean house.

5. smlewis00

smlewis00Member

Threads:
    I am a bit of a clean freak. I also like everything to be organzied. Because of those two things, it takes me about three hours to clean my two bedroom, two bathroom home. I begin by dusting everything! I then clean all of the mirrors and windows with Windex. I then scrub all the countertops.
    I begin in the kitchen, and then work my way to each bathroom. The bathrooms are time consuming because I scrub the toilets, mop the floors and spray air sanitizers. The kitchen is also very time consuming. I wipe everything down with lysol wipes. I usually finish up by vacuuming the entire house.
    I usually just crank up the music and jam out while I am cleaning. I also like to finish by lighting some scented candles.

6. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Usually around 3-4 hours to do a decent job, probably only happens a few times a month but I do like to stay on top and things and have a nice and tidy house.

7. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I do the same so it's hard to say really. Over the week I only spend a few hours really, maybe not even that. Sometimes if I'm de-cluttering or something like that then I might spend a considerable amount of time cleaning, but generally it's not too much. Just a vacuum of all the carpets, and a cleaning of the kitchen/bathroom.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently moved, so it currently takes me an hour to clean the place, but that's because I haven't really finished moving all my stuff in, and we haven't really gotten the place dirty yet.
    When the rest of our furniture gets moved over here, it'll probably take me 2 or 3 hours to clean under everything and dust all the small items.