How Long Should You Keep Trying To Win "candy Crush Soda Saga" Before Quitting To Avoid Brain-death?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by mythman • Feb 21, 2015.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy the Facebook Match-3 Game

. I'm currently an 85th degree King, and have been trying-&-retrying Level 108 there. I know I can win if I keep on trying & the candy falls in an advantageous way, but it soon starts ... reminding me of 'the definition of insanity' (doing the same thing over-&-over & expecting a different result).

How many times-in-a-row should I try before I stop to keep my brain from falling asleep?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm still playing the original Candy Crush Saga in my Android phone. The first time I played the game was way back September 2013, so it hasn't been two years yet. I have no plans of quitting soon. I'm currently at level 466 and my goal is to reach 500 before my 2nd year anniversary.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    It's obviously a ploy to make you spend money for power ups so you can finally clear the stage. It is extremely hard to clear the upper levels as a free-to-play user. I gave up on Candy Crush and now only log on every now and then to clear a level casually when I have nothing else to do. I'm surprised that I've actually cleared a few levels this way!

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It sounds like you are addicted to this game and might have to find a way to redirect your brain energy. Perhaps taking up some hobby that involves being outside in the natural world would help. :) Have you ever thought about bike riding, hiking, swimming, etc?

5. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I had to quit on level 326. I could not beat the level and I felt like I was losing my mind by attempting it over and over maniacally. I was seriously addicted and it was taking up way too much of my time and efforts, so I uninstalled it and never looked back.

6. Yidna

YidnaNew Member

Threads:
    I still play the "original" Candy Crush game, on level 399. I have to say, it seems to be designed in such a way that every 3-5 levels, there will be one massive roadblock and you will spend days or weeks trying to clear that block. It's quite frustrating as several subtle factors make the stage so much harder. Especially bombs. I hate bombs.

Maybe once a month, I'll go on some sort of a 'marathon' and grind at a roadblock or three and probably finish a chapter. As for when to stop, I recommend stopping before you get upset, irritable, or unreasonably frustrated. Games are designed to give pleasurable frustration; frustration stemming from knowing you could've made better decisions and caused your own failure. The pleasurable element leaves when you constantly die from the RNG. With the Candy Crush series (Soda Crush included), I have gotten to the point where it's the RNG that constantly kills me.