How Long Was The Longest Time That Your Earphones/Headphones Lasted?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by sidney • Aug 23, 2014.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As for me, mine lasted for 6 years, and I was just using a Sony earphone that was under $10 that time. It lasted from 2003 to 2009 in spite of regular use, and if it wasn't intentionally damaged then who knows how long can it still last right? As long as the wires don't get yanked or crushed it will last longer, so when you carry it in your bag you have to store it inside a hard container. So, how long was the longest time that your earphones or headphones have lasted and what brand were you using?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My headphones usually last around a year or so before I either lose them or buy something new out of personal preference. I can't say I've ever owned a pair for six years, though. That's pretty impressive, for sure. I buy cheap headphones, but I would hold onto a $100 or $200 pair for as long as possible for obvious reasons. Most cheap headphones aren't going to last that long because they're not designed to last unless you're incredibly careful with them.

3. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Woah, this is a long time for earphones to last! The kind that are under $10 dollars anyway. I have NEVER had the cheaper earphones last that long honestly. They will always break without fail within like a year. Now, I've had more expensive earphones and I've had them for about 2 years, one ear isn't working though. But it IS still working lol.

4. rgrimes

rgrimesNew Member

Threads:
    My in-ear headphones are still working, they came with my Samsung phone that I bought on amazon. Surprisingly the quality of the headphones is good, and I don't seem to be having any issues as of yet. I plan on getting a nice pair of Sennheiser in-ear headphones if I have any money that isn't gone to the bills :)

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah it is quite a long shelf life for a cheap earphone! But it's from Sony, so most branded products tend to last long anyway, I guess it's all about how you handle or use the item. I never carry it as is in my bag, it has to be in a small hard container, because I noticed that it would be prone to break when the other things in the bag crush would crush the wire, and I broke a charger that way, so now I should know better, wires are very sensitive, so they must be placed in a hard case if you intend to carry them in your bag.