How Many Belts Do You Have?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by remnant • Aug 25, 2017.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    A belt is one of the accessories that are not easily visible like
    other items of clothing. Personally, I rarely pay attention to belts
    and I am as guilty as charged when it comes to neglecting the timely
    replacement of this item. Currently,I have only one which is frayed
    and due for replacement.

2. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I only have 2 belts. One is for formal use like for my uniform or for my jeans. The other one is for my walking shorts. I don't think about belts that much and the only reason I have 2 belts is, the other one is a freebie so I am just maximizing that free stuff.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I've never stopped to think about how many belts I have. But I think there are not many, considering the fact that I don't like belts. I only use them - mostly - because of my job.

4. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I've got 4 belts of different colours and width sizes. The reason I have that much is that of the trousers I wear them with coupled with the fact that when I am on the suit, I ensure that all my attire that day comes in uniform colour.

I heard someone saying that using just one belt is cool since it can serve for long when you have a quality one, but I disagree with that because it does not look that nice to use one belt for long.

Variety does it for me, so have 4 belts with the different colour is good for my fashion sense.

5. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    My teacher once told me that his grandfather had taught him a very interesting fact. In this world, there are two people you should not trust. The first one is a man without a watch, because he will never keep time. The other is a man without a belt. Belts, are an essential part of everyday lifestyle and therefore should always be included in our dressing recipe. They can save one a lot of shame when it comes to wearing loose clothes and even earn you respect. As at now, I have 1 but I intend on improving, and start acquiring at least 2 a month.

6. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I am also guilty of wearing a belt out till it practically falls apart before buying another one. I think the best way to go is to invest in a quality leather belt, such that everyday wear will not affect it a lot and it can withhold a lot of wear and tear. Right now, I have about four belts; the glitzy dazzle one for evening wear and a couple for everyday wear with jeans.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Except for formal occasions, I usually wear my shirt not tucked inside my pants. That means my belt is not visible so it doesn’t matter if I wear that particular belt all the time. But I have 2 belts, one that I wear and another for a back up in case I need a new belt. By the way, I buy my belt when we go to Bangkok because they have good leather good there and cheap as well. Besides, belts can be stored for a long time.

8. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    it's a fact that many people neglect to have an adequate amount of belts and the belts should be in nicely presentable condition. Sometimes it may lead to the brink of embarrassment when they have to go somewhere important and find that have to be scrambling to find a suitable belt which fits the situation and is not tattered or worn.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've got 3 belts. The most inexpensive belt I've ever come across is at Walmart. I was so pleasantly surprised to fine belts at Walmart. The price of these belts was fantastic. You've got to see it for yourself at Walmart. Try the online site to see what prices are in your area.

10. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    I have many belts,but I usually use belts for jeans.I use belts whenever I have to go to outside for some reasons.In normal circumstances such as sitting at home,I don't use any kind of belts.But usually,I always neglect my all expensive belts.But I have still many belts with variety of colors.

11. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I have three belts, one black, one brown and one ash colour. The black and ash one is explicitly for my suits, then the brown one is my day to day duty belt.

These three serve my need for wearing belt to my satisfaction and I really don't see any need for increasing my stock for it.

12. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have any belts as I don't really like the look of them. When I was young I used to like leather belts with ornamental buckles because they were very fashionable back then. My son has to wear them to hold up his trousers because he is so thin and they would end up round his knees if he didn't!

13. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I only have one belt, and it's not even a regular belt - it's a money belt made out of leather. It's the type with a zipper that is almost as long as the belt itself. I've used it to carry $10,000 worth of currency once when I needed to deliver payroll money to plant employees. I'm not fond of belt at all as my slacks are mostly tailor-fitted and my jeans just hug my body.

14. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I currently have 3 belts on me, black and brown. I use to wear a more loose and raggedy belt but as the years went on time got the best of it. I really do not know how I even ended up with three belts but it is always good to stay prepared every now and again.

15. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I have only two. Sometimes it is important to have belts so yes I keep them. And I am having two as it is good to have one extra as spare. Though I rarely insert tshirt or shirt, so I don't put more attention on my belts. I go for cheaper one with good quality which will serve the purpose for sure.

16. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I only have one belt which I used for work and for occasions which requires me to use a formal ware. I never used belt while at home since I don't wear shorts with belt loops on them. But when I get to have a walking shorts with belt loops, maybe I'll buy an extra belt, a cheap one maybe which I can use while at home.

17. ikechukwusamson

ikechukwusamsonNew Member

Threads:
    I would say at least four. One black and one brown dress belts, and one Brown casual belts. Past that its not a bad idea to have other belts ad it's a simple way to add some style to an outfit.

Having many belts also depends on how fashionable you are , the fashionable one's will like to have many belts for different occasions, or I will say how rich you are, because if you are poor , having many belts won't be your problem. So I will say that having many belts is good.

18. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have two belts. I use one with my cotton pants and another one with jeans. The one that I weat with cottin has narrow breadth, and the one I use with jeans has wide breadth. I think buying belts is just a waste of money. yes, I don't want to wear a belt that shows signs of wear and tear, however, I dont buy fancy belts.

19. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 While I was reading through the comments, I thought I am the only odd one, as I don't have any belts too. I don't tuck in my shirt and I don't find any need of using a belt. I don't like it as a decoration as well. For men, I understand they usually need to use belt, as it is much neater especially when they are wearing formal suits. My husband only has one belt whenever he needs to wear formally or attend any more formally events and has to tuck in his t-shirt.

#19Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  20. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I only own one belt which is already totally worn out and forgotten about. I do need one sometimes but that is one ítem I tend to forget about the most. I have had that belt for about five years now but haven't used it for almost a year now.