How many channels are enough?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by Pocs • Aug 7, 2012.

1. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    In terms of packaging, I don't see any problem with 50 channels being offered so that you can choose your favorite 20. The advantage is that you have the option of changing the channels to be in the best 20 without having to subscribe a fresh!

2. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I have the channels I want in my silver package. I don't need any HD channels or anything extra because I don't have the time to watch them. I do order NBA league pass when basketball season starts for $150 for the whole season. I don't have the NFL Channel available in my area yet. Not that I want it either.

3. mrpotatohead

mrpotatoheadNew Member

Threads:
    It's more profitable for them to have big packages that people have to buy to get 1 channel, because of the simple fact that people do buy it. Some providers like Comcast are even taking channels out of the basic cable lineup to inflate the premium packages, which is, at the very least dishonest. It would be great to be able to choose individual channels, but demand would have to be shown for it.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I was able to pick and choose the channels I have, I would only have 25 channels including the kids' channels for my kid. The other channels that come with a cable package are just an annoying inconvenience that I have to surf past to get to the few channels I actually watch. Right now I've given up cable because I'm saving up for a goal. But when I do eventually get cable again, I'm going to get the smallest package and not let them upsell me or persuade me to order extra movie channels.

5. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Speak of the devil. We just got the NFL Network over the weekend. Just as football season starts up. Coincidence? I think not. We're getting it for free though. I hear some suckers are paying to have the NFL Network on their package. Not us apparently. The damn thing just showed up. We also recently got Mundo FOX. Spanish channel.