How many coupons are too many?

Discussion in Coupons started by Peninha • Jun 25, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yesterday I was shopping and I had a crazy number of coupons, I can't remember having that many. In a purchase under 30€ I might have used nearly 10 coupons, somewhat crazy, but I don't care, I prefer to save my cents. How many coupons are too many for you?

2. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think you can have too many coupons! I am new to the coupon thing, but my daughter has been clipping for over a year. She has a notebook she takes with her, and at times she saves nearly have her bill! I am proud of how she cares for her family, she clips coupons in order to stay home with her kids and not work. ;)

3. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    Personally, I can never have enough. Problem is, I tend to get a little greedy and just go coupon happy. Then, about a month later, I'm throwing out dozens of coupons because I didn't use them before the expiration date. So, if you intend on using them with the time you have, I say the sky's the limit.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Haha, love you answers guys, so the sky is the limit eh? :) Those guys in the supermarkets should hate people with coupons, but it's their job, what can they do? That happens to me as well Fauxpat and sometimes I even go shopping on purpose so that the coupons don't expire, don't know if that is wise though.

5. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    I think as long as you're not actively losing time because you've went out of your way to use coupons, then you're fine I think. Sure there's all those 'extreme couponers' who manage to make money off of coupons, but come on. Do you really want to be sitting there for an hour waiting to cash out?

6. ezio

ezioBanned

Threads:
    Actually I never heard that you can use more coupons for any one single product.. Its really work because I had never try to do such kind of shopping..

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I want coupons at my service, I don't want to be at service of coupons. So I buy my stuff and I use my coupons, I am not actively on the internet looking for coupons and installing software that ends up to be a virus just to make a few cents. Each thing in its place.

ezio, depending on the offer we can use more than one coupon on the same product, sometimes it's not possible though you're right there.

8. mercantile519

mercantile519Member

Threads:
    I don't go out of my way trying to get coupons, and I won't buy anything that I don't need just because I have one. I figure if I'm working harder and longer to save a few cents, it's not really worth my time. And buying things that are unnecessary is definitely not a way to save!

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think we need to be rational about them. For example, I have a friend who went on a first date with this girl and she was using coupons for everything in a first date. I mean, nothing to hide right, but who would be using coupons all the time in a first date? A little extreme no?

10. HectorHegg

HectorHeggBanned

Threads:
    I never got more coupons then 10 at a time. You can not get coupons on the same product. Mostly I waste my coupan, because I don't have time to use my coupons. But I feel very exited when I get coupon for any product.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think you should use as many as you can that you can keep track of. In the coupon in show I see the featured people there using hundreds and if only I had the availability Of those coupons I'd definitely do it myself as well because they seem to get to save a lot, sometimes even getting 100% savings. The only problem is the organization it takes as sometimes there can be miscalculations if you're not as organized as possible.

12. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I think if you have a job, and you're wasting time that you could be working just to save a few cents, then it would get to the stage where it was no longer profitable enough for you to do anything with. However, if you have nothing better to do, then every penny that you save can help. I will sometimes plan my meals based around what is on offer, and what I have a coupon for. I recently found a coupon for butter, which you could use as many times as you wanted, so I went and bought as much butter as I felt I could use in the time before it went bad - and got it all for free thanks to the coupon. There was another time where I found a coupon for 50p off dried pasta, which was also on offer for BOGOF, so I picked up a whole trolley full of the stuff and then got a bunch of other things for free because of the way the offer works. I got £30 of shopping for free that day, and yes, all of the pasta was used. We eat one bag of it a week, and because it's dried it lasts for a long time.

13. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't think 10 is too many.

I think it becomes excessive when you end up having whole stacks and holding up the line. And if it takes hours to cut them out, etc, then that becomes excessive, too.

14. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I do not think that 10 is to many. I have seen someone use 30 coupons at a time. I would say that is to many.

15. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, 30 coupons would be something insane, I've never seen something like that, but hey, I would use them if I had them, that means discounts. Just the other day I got paid for bringing home a product believe it or not. It had 75% discount, plus 25% coupon discount, plus 3€ voucher haha, I got 3€ for buying it! :cool: