How Many Credit Cards Do You Own?

Discussion in Credit Cards started by Adeal4u • Jun 12, 2012.

1. Cyrup

CyrupMember

Threads:
    Only one. I am In need of no more.
    I only ever use my debit, because I've been stuck in loans and debts before and it's something I like to avoid.
    Occasionally I do use my credit card to pay something, but only with the knowledge that I can make up for it and pay it off (Or work a little harder to pay it off).

2. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    This is smart advice. Save your money, use your credit card like a debit card, be able to be financially stable, and pay off your credit card. I think people need to remember that credit isn't necessary - you can live within your means. Credit makes life easier at first, but you need to be in control of it.

3. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I have three, and haven't maxed out on any. I don't use debit cards unless necessary (like in supermarkets, like Aldi, where they will not accept credit cards). Both types of cards are handy to have around, especially when on a holiday. Better than carrying cash around all the time.

4. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    Technically speaking, I have one credit card. But before I turned 18 my father got a credit card for my use that hasn't been fully paid off because I put big things on it without thinking. I'm paying for both cards, but only one is in my name.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have two, one for regular use and another one for backup. I think any more than that would be overkill, but that could be just me. I find it's easier to keep up with if you only have two and I never max them out and I always try to pay before the deadline because the interest you have to pay if you don't is just too high.

6. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Right now I only have one credit card and I don't think I'll be needing another one anytime soon. For me one is already enough because I also don;t want to bury myself in too much credits.

7. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I don't own any credit cards and don't ever plan to own any. It is too easy to go into debt when you have credit cards, because you start living outside your means and although it's nice to go out and get what you want and say charge, it's when you get the bill and it's time to pay up is when it isn't fun anymore. I 'ld rather use layaway an debit myself. No worries, No headaches and no surprises!

8. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    The only type of credit card that I have is my debit card that is connected to my bank account. I learned the hard way that I shouldn't use credit. The situation got out of control to where I had no choice but to file bankruptcy. After doing this I learned not to get myself into the same type of debt again.

9. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Credit cards, yeah I have a few. And I can see how people can get in over their heads with cards and their easy availability. But the cards are a tool, sort of like a stove. You can use it to cook or to keep warm or you can burn yourself real bad.
    I probably have more cards than I need. I did cancel a couple a year or so ago.
    I have one that I use only for gas at a particular chain. Regardless, I have a few and right now all of them combined have less than $100 owing.
    They are tools but you can get burned.
    Ryder13

10. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I have 2 credit cards but I use only one of them. I have kept another one for emergency purposes and I make it a point to never use it even if I come across an irresistible deal. I plan to cut down on my credit card usage as it doesn't make sense to use them to buy each and every thing.

11. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I don't own any at the moment. I am very debt averse although I am planning on apply for a card or two. I have a small reserve of cash that I have for emergencies. Ideally I don't want to have this credit card for emergencies, because that is what the cash is for. I can't really think of any situations when I would need the credit card, although It's nice to have it incase a need ever arises. I would rather apply for it now, and not use it. Rather get to a situation when I need it and have an application wait for a week or so.

12. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    I own two. I don't wipe out the other one intentionally. It's intended for emergency situations.

13. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have three..But then I finally decided to just keep one, as having three means having more reason to spend! :rolleyes: And it doesn't really help if you're a shopaholic!

14. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I dont have credit cards. Its very tempting to do shopping when you have credit card specially on me case that I am a compulsive shopper. I always use my sisters credit card everytime I purchase things online so I am obliged enough to pay for my debt.

15. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Did I answer this posting already? Oh, well. I have three and I have never had more than three. I have one that I allow my mother to use so as to build up her credit. I have another that is used solely for things that require credit cards to use - renting cars or hotel rooms, purchasing textbooks online that sort of thing. The last one is for keeping the wheels on the bus when things come up a bit short.

16. srinivas0812

srinivas0812Member

Threads:
    I have a VISA Credit card and a Debit card too. But I never spend too much money on shopping. I just use PayPal balance to shop on eBay and other online shopping sites. I just cannot feel safe entering my credit card details online. I do not have any monthly payments, so 1 credit card is more than enough for me.

17. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    Wow, this is a very disciplined life you lead. Credit cards were part of the reason that lead me to bankruptcy court. I only have a debit card right now. I do find it to be better, because everything is paid for when I get it. I find that I am looking around and comparing prices online before I go shopping. I do not know if I will get one credit card when the bankruptcy falls off. I might, but only one. I think that is all you need.

18. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I currently have absolutely none. But I'm looking into getting my first one =).

19. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I never had one, the only thing i had was debit cards, most because i was always afraid of me going over the limit and spend money i didn't have.

20. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I only have one credit card and I don't use it very much. If I get to use it once a month that is plenty, I prefer using my own money instead of using credit. I have been offered other cards and even my bank has given me a bigger ceiling on my credit card, but I will only use it if I really need it.