How Many Eat Only Two Meals A Day?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by NinetyEighty1 • Aug 14, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    How many of you only eat two meals a day with the exception of a snack? I usually tend to eat only two meals each day due to the fact that I am usually not hungry for a couple of hours after a big meal and it can save a bit on money here and there. Are any of you like this in any way?

2. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Actually when it is month end I will have some financial problems so I would stick on to eating two meals in the last week of the month. Otherwise I will have three small meals.

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I only eat two meals a day but not because of financial strain. I am usually not up in the morning to eat breakfast plus I have never really been one that likes to eat breakfast even though it is the most important meal of the day. I might have a small snack late morning and then have lunch and dinner later on in the day. I will sometimes have another snack at night but it just depends.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    In some reasons that would be okay. In your case for example. But missing any meal, I don't think it is a healthy way of living. Our body used up foods that we eat and the body discharge them. Therefore, our body needs the replenishment for its normal physiological function. It would be proper for me not to miss any meals, particularly three times a day.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Only two meals a day would never be ideal for those who are always hungry just like me, haha! :D Honestly, I think I eat about 6 or 7 times a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner and three snacks throughout the day).

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to eat two to three meals a day, but it depends on what I am eating. If I have a big breakfast or lunch then I will skip the next meal and maybe have a snack instead. It's important to maintain the blood sugar levels in the body, so I am aware of this and make sure I don't get to the stage where my tummy rumbles. I would rather have a good meal than to snack too often, because snacking usually leads to over eating.

7. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I do like to take my three square meal daily but I do compromise sometimes depending on the situation of things and the money in my pocket. How busy and tight my days schedule is determines if I am getting more than two meals or not.

If I have less programs for the day, I tend to eat more than twice including snacks. But when I get to have a busy day, most times, I don't even remember I am yet to eat anything till night fall.

I exercise a lot and as a result of this, I tend to eat more. It's not my fault but rather it's my body system tasking me for more food in order to balance the equation.

8. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    Since I am quite busy and stay up all night, I wake up around afternoon. I just eat twice everyday, once when I wake up and then another meal when I get hungry. I just drink a lot of water and coffee which makes me feel full.

9. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    While I was at high school, I developed the habit of eating just twice every lecture day, which is breakfast and dinner, because of the way our lectures were setup to take place most times in the noon and before this lectures are done, it is close to the evening period. So, what I always do is to just set my mind on eating breakfast and dinner.

But now that I am actively working, I ensure I take the full meal period of morning, noon and night. This is because the type of work I do requires one to be mentally and physically balanced in order to have a good output at the work place.

10. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I must admit I only eat two full meals a day, during lunch and dinner. I just drink hot coffee and take a couple of breads during breakfast. It has always been my routine since I mostly wake up late in the morning. And since cooking my own food would consume a bit more time and preparation, I had no choice but to just drink some hot coffee. It's easier and less time consuming.

11. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    We also are like that, either we eat lunch or dinner, or breakfast or dinner. I also noticed that if I don't eat anymore in the evening then I lose weight as well even if I'm not exercising at all. So far, this year I lost 21 pounds this 2017 just by skipping meals, no exercise involved.

12. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    We usually have light snacks for dinner, as my husband decided not to have heavy meals before we sleep. Though the main purpose is not to save money, but to be healthier, it does save us some money for not having proper dinner. Once in a while, we still go for a proper dinner, especially with other family members or friends.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not sure what do you mean by two meals a day! I always eat two meals a day besides a heavy breakfast and a light snacks in the evening and a tea or coffee at the end the end of the day. However number of proper meals is always two for me on any particular day.

14. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if I would be able to survive my day properly without my three meals. I must eat in the morning to not be weak throughout my day and be able to do my work well. Lunch is when I have a big meal that will last about 4 hours before I have to have a snack. Dinner is when I eat a bit less so I won't have to go to bed full since I do eat dinner pretty late at night.

15. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Two meals a day? Wow..that is stretching it a bit :) I eat about four times a day. I am a skittish eater. I have to have a snack or nibbles during the day. Somedays, if I am extremely busy, I skip lunch but double up on dinner to make up for my lost lunch. I never miss breakfast. It is my favourite part of the day really. Dinner I can have light. But I always have a heavy meal for lunch.

16. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lucky people who can eat many times a day and stay thin! I usually like to have a big breakfast than I'll eat light. I have to loose weight, so I like to eat a very big breakfast to sustain me all day. If I can't eat a very big breakfast, I'll grab something like cold cereal and eat a big lunch with no dinner or just a very light snack like a yogurt.

17. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I always have breakfast and lunch because that is when I am most hungry but I'm terrible for snacking in the afternoon which means I'm not always hungry at night. I think this is very bad practice as I'm not actually saving anything because I'm constantly in the food cupboards. I know I should stop the snacking and eat properly in the evening. Probably better for my figure too!

18. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have acid reflux and my doctor prescribed me to eat 6 small meals in a day. That's breakfast, mid morning, lunch, 2 afternoon snack, dinner. My wife who is trying to reduce weight sometimes eats only 2 meals, that's breakfast and lunch. But missing dinner makes her hungry so what she does is to eat a mid afternoon snack. In effect, she eats only 3 times a day - breakfst, lunch, afternoon snack. If that can save her money, I guess she's successful in that. But I remember when I lost my job, I had to scrimp on food that I think I was eating only 1 meal in a day for a week.

19. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I eat two heavy meals a day, it keeps me very active for the day. Normally in the morning when I wake up I eat light food, often times bread and tea. That morning light food can hold me till noon when I settle for a heavy meal as my lunch. In the evening for my dinner I eat another heavy meal and I am done for the day. While taking meals I ensure there are fruits to go along.

20. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I only eat two major meals in a day - lunch and dinner and these meals always come with rice so they're heavy. I do skip breakfast but that's because I take an early morning snack at about 10:00 AM and a midnight snack at 12 or 1 AM. I just don't like a full-pledged breakfast as it makes me sluggish and sleepy in the morning, I also take a snack at around 3 PM. Hence, although I only eat two heavy meals, my food intake is well distributed throughout the day.