How many glasses of water do you drink everyday?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by eppie • May 15, 2014.

1. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    I don't know how many cups I drink per day and I don't always drink pure water. I drink some form of tea every day, whether that be herbal or leaf tea. I stay away from green tea, as my stomach seem to react negatively to it most of the time. I prefer black tea.

As for how much of it I drink, I would say probably about 2L to 4L of tea per day and note that most of them are not caffeinated except the Black tea. I also drink about 1L of other liquids like water, milk and juice per day as well. This is on top of eating fruit like oranges and bananas mind you.

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I think I consume 2 liters of water everyday. Yes it's very healthy but the downside is I pee a lot more than usual, which is kind of a bummer specially when I'm working since I have to stand up every hour to take a leak. I also found out that if you drink nothing but water for a whole month you can lose as much as 20 pounds. I tried it and it actually worked which helped me a lot in my pursuit of losing weight.

3. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I could tell you that I drink lots of water everyday, because I know it's one of the most essential things you can do for your health, I really do.
    But the truth is that I rarely drink it, I just don't get thirsty naturally so I just kind of forget to drink. I've even gotten a water bottle to put in front of me while I work but I glance at it and just think that I'm not thirsty so I rarely touch it...

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Milk may have nutrients but it always makes me thirsty. Perhaps it's just me though.

5. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Hi Nimble Knuckle ^_^

Same here, somehow drinking milk (and chocolate drinks) also makes me thirsty. I'm not aware if there's some explanation or scientific basis for this. :D And this is the reason why I don't like drinking milk and chocolate drinks because afterwards, I know I'll be drinking some water and will feel bloated. :)

6. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I used to drink a lot of water because it was summer over here. But now the rainy season has started and hence it may affect my water intake. I hope I still drink atleast 8 glasses of water.

7. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I use to always be dehydrated. It would be a miracle to get me to drink water. I'd take a sip here or there, but never focused on drinking water. I'd drink everything else, but then I started and realized how much better I felt drinking it. I noticed I began losing weight. Since then I have drank it all the time.

I try to drink 8 glasses at least, though many times I drink way more than that. I end up drinking 8-14 glasses. It varies depending
    on the day.

8. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    You know I never really counted how many glasses of water I drink daily. I do know all I drink is water 90% of the time. Maybe once a week I will have a small glass of orange juice for breakfast and diet cranberry juice for dinner. When I think about the question you pose, I believe it is around 8 glasses a day. I constantly have people asking me about why my skin looks so healthy and glowing. I am always baffle by what to say but I did research on water once and read it helps with our skin. Perhaps this is my beauty secret.

9. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    Experts recommend you drink 6-8 glasses of non-alcoholic fluid each day to stay healthy and hydrated. Water is best but fruit juice and smoothies, milk and milk alternatives, soda and energy drinks, hot chocolate, tea and coffee all count. Just make sure you don't drink excessive amounts of tea, coffee or soda as these can dehydrate you even more. I personally make it a point to drink atleast 6 glasses of water. One as soon as I wake, then one each after breakfast, lunch and dinner and another before going to sleep. Between this, I will have atleast one more glass.