How Many Hours Do You Spend A Day In Your Online Ventures?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by dannyluke1 • Sep 4, 2014.

1. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:

I don't but I can't find anything else. I feel like I've been looking for a decent job all my life even though that's a bit of a stretch.

2. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I do online work PART TIME. I am maintaining a website that I usually spend at least 1 hour every night before I go to sleep. In the morning, I wake up early to work for 1-2 hours and another 1 hour working in the mid afternoon after lunch. so total is around 4-6 hours daily. Not much but getting at least 25$ a week extra is not bad. I use it in buying things online and I don't have to use my credit card. :)

3. marshaljohn10

marshaljohn10New Member

Threads:
    I have a blog, a forum and a Q&A site and these venture demand that I give them my undivided attention. Just like any other job I spend most of my day online because they are all new ventures and have not gotten their footing online.

So until my sites starts making money enough to keep them running on their own, I guess I will have to continue spending 9 to 11 hours per day online.

4. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I would say that I do it quite a lot because I have a lot of things to manage online and I have a few fun things to do online that I can win money from. I'm really thankful for the internet because it has helped me a lot financially and of course provided me with enough knowledge to start a business on my own.

5. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    As somebody who works a 9-5 job 5 days a week, my online time is limited. That said, since I started working 8 years ago technology has helped me supplement my income more nowadays as I can use my smartphone to do some of my online tasks during the train commute. It's not much money that I bring in online, but I'm not one to sniff at an extra £60-£70 a month; the little bits all add up.

6. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    Wow. 60 to 70 pounds a month. That's insanely good and useful. Could you tell us the way you do it? I'm really interested because I have been trying to do that for the past couple of years and never did I reach that number. If I would, it would be really helpful in saving money for emergency.

7. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    It's a real combination of things, there isn't a 'one size fits all' solution that I've come up with. I use Swagbucks religiously, I earn approximately 1500 Swagbucks a week, meaning every 3/4 weeks I can cash out £20 to Paypal. If I used that more I could probably earn more. I get really lucky with their surveys though and know some people struggle to get on with the site itself.
    Gifthulk earns me about £10 a month, it's very much the same principal as Swagbucks.

I do paid work on Fiverr, I write articles for a couple of websites under an alias one of twice a week from back when I had my own blog (it's not closed by the name behind it lives on!) and I make sure to cash out any Quidco or Topcashback funds at the end of each month to top up what I've earned.

It sounds like a lot of work for not much profit there, but considering I do all that in commute time using my smartphone and my tablet, I really don't notice it as anything more than a way to pass the time. I think what's important is that once you find that little pocket money earner you don't become reliant on it; always keep it as a treat or a bonus and you'll never become resentful of the time you spend.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Until a couple of months ago, I was working online all day long and late into the night. I was doing a back breaking 12 hours on and off, but the "pay" is obviously very low. Luckily after a very long search, I recently found a full time decent paying job, with varying hours. Sometimes I only work half a day or just a few hours, as long as they all add up to 28 hours per week (max 32 holes per week). Ever since I landed this job, I only do my online ventures after work and at the weekend. It definitely wasn't enough to pay the bills, I now keep doing it as I enjoy it and the pennies I make go towards our rainy day fund :)

9. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    That's really interesting. Thank you for sharing. I will ask you though whether Fiverr is worth it or not, I've heard of it a lot but I've never seemed to grasp the idea behind it or how does it work, what is it exactly. I will try to look into it but I will appreciate an advice from an experienced one. I have been trying to earn some money online doing fun things, the most I've achieved was about 50 dollars a month in total.

10. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    With Fiverr it really does depend on if you have a skill that you can put into practice in a short space of time, otherwise the money you earn is outweighed by the time you could have spent doing other things. As I said above, unless you're in it to earn an income, with like a blog or something, you shouldn't let the small stuff become something you're farming everyday for the odd pence here and there. So the advice I'd give is if you've a useful and quick skill it may be worth a go, if not try and find an avenue that works for you!
    $50 isn't bad going, by the way, it all helps :)