How Many Meals Do You Cook a Week?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by nwitt • Apr 25, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I am curious how many meals most people cook weekly? My husband and I are on opposite schedules and have different food habits, so I will technically cook a few nights a week, but it's something super simple like making pasta or a small amount of rice and vegetable for myself.

How often do you cook meals?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I cook two meals for my family every day. Breakfast and dinner. It's simply because I love cooking and pride myself in creating something delicious and wholesome in less than half an hour. On weekends, my partner joins me in the kitchen and we have a lot of fun, experimenting with new things, cooking for ourselves and our relatives.
    We also like going to restaurants at least a few times a month.

3. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I cook dinner about 5-6 times a week. We'll normally go out to eat, or I'll make something super easy like a frozen pizza or something, on the other one or two nights. When I cook, it's generally something healthy, but not always. For breakfast and lunch, I just keep easy stuff in the house for us to make ourselves when we're hungry, like sandwich stuff or leftovers.

4. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I would say maybe 14. I will usually cook 2 per day and buy something out. Usually if lunch is bought out I cook dinner and vice versa. Sometimes this will fluctuate but I would say it averages out at 14 cooked/prepared and 7 bought out.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I cook almost everyday because I live by myself, so there's no one else to do it for me. :) When I'm too lazy to cook, I just buy something from nearby restaurants, and I do that a few days a week as well. It also depends on my mood, because there will be weeks wherein I'm more enthusiastic to cook but there are also times wherein I'd rather just buy takeout for weeks straight. I rarely go out for dinner, though, because I'm usually too lazy to go out by night time.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I cook dinner about 5 times a week. I try to make enough on each of those nights so that our lunches for the next day are also taken care of. For myself, I still end up cooking brunch or lunch a couple times a week. I also do breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, although on one of those days, I'm frequently lazy and just bake some pre-made cinnamon rolls or biscuits, etc.